• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors 300 Whisper at 100 yds

Searcher

Private
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2010
Reno, Nevada
Was trying to sight in my 300 whisper but I found I couldnt dial in enough elevation. With my scope maxed out, I was still shooting about 4 inches low at 100 yards.

Is a 20 moa tapered scope mount going to give enough elevation?

Any input is appreciated!

Re: 300 Whisper at 100 yds

if everything remains the same you need 4 inches at 100. 4" at 100 is 4 moa, so a 20 moa base would give you your zero plus 16 more moa.

a sub sonic 220 bthp at 1020 fps will drop about 5.75 moa from 50 yards to 100 yards. If you are 4" low at 100 yards now then you probably have enough for a 50 yard zero. a 20 moa base will help, but I think you need a lot more than that

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Searcher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was trying to sight in my 300 whisper but I found I couldnt dial in enough elevation. With my scope maxed out, I was still shooting about 4 inches low at 100 yards.

Any input is appreciated! </div></div>

What scope? Brand & model please.

-David

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Searcher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was trying to sight in my 300 whisper but I found I couldnt dial in enough elevation. With my scope maxed out, I was still shooting about 4 inches low at 100 yards.

Any input is appreciated! </div></div>

20MOA canted base should solve your problem.

I have a Whisper in a bolt gun with a 30moa base.
Got 2.3 mils of down with 100 yard zero...@ 19 mils up.
Scope is an IOR 2.5-10x42.

I think my original cheap base was kind of funky. I replaced it with a GG&G base with no angle. My scope is a Leupold Mark 4 M3 fixed 10x. I am now able to dial in at 100 yards.

It is interesting that at 75 yards, I am shooting 4" high. I had not anticipated the severity of the arch of the trajectory. If I dont laser the distance, I could easily miss my intended target.