• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 Whisper viht 133/208 a-max

eddybo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2008
MS
I never tried the 133 n a whisper until today, as I always used faster powders upon the reccomendation of everyone I asked. I was fooling around with my new whisper and since I already had it the measure decided to give the 133 a try. A little QL estimation and I decided to try 10gr. I hit way low on the target so I decided to work up until I found supersonic. Found it at 13.4grs. Backed off 3/10 gr to 13.1 and proceeded to shoot 3 of the best groups I have ever seen with a whisper.

It also seemed noticable quieter. Why has everone advised me against using powders on the slow side for this chambering?

Re: 300 Whisper viht 133/208 a-max

I think I figured out why no one suggest this powder....dirty. Better jam em in the lands if you want enough start pressure for your cases to fully seal also. Still very accurate, but very temp sensitive.