• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 Win Mag 215gr Berger Hybrid

OneBreath808

Aloha 'aina
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2019
Hawaii
New to the forum and attempted to search but did not find anything with Berger 215gr load data for a 300 Win Mag. Do any of you have any experience loading them or load data?
20200525_164726.jpg

I shoot a lot of 215s. In the 300 win mag I shoot them over h1000 with good results. Jumper 14 thou.
Go the the online hodgdon realoading page and that will give you a good place to start.

Reactions: OneBreath808
I'm working on testing with them right now. Heading to the range in a couple hours to shoot an OCW test.

So far, hasn't been difficult finding loads that look like they'll shoot, but start low and do a pressure test for your rifle to start. Different rifles and different brass will give different speeds and pressure signs at different charge weights. I started low working up in .5 gr increments (H1000) to find where I got pressure, Looks like my final speeds will probably be between 2900 and 2950 fps out of a 26" barrel depending on the final load I choose.

I shoot a lot of 215s. In the 300 win mag I shoot them over h1000 with good results. Jumper 14 thou.
Go the the online hodgdon realoading page and that will give you a good place to start.
Thank you for the info, I appreciate it. I currently use IMR 7828SSC

I'm working on testing with them right now. Heading to the range in a couple hours to shoot an OCW test.

So far, hasn't been difficult finding loads that look like they'll shoot, but start low and do a pressure test for your rifle to start. Different rifles and different brass will give different speeds and pressure signs at different charge weights. I started low working up in .5 gr increments (H1000) to find where I got pressure, Looks like my final speeds will probably be between 2900 and 2950 fps out of a 26" barrel depending on the final load I choose.
Man 2950fps is screaming for that round. I got pressure shine on my first shot using IMR7828 71.5gr. I have the 212ELDX about .001 off the lands if I remember correctly. My buddy gave me the length I should load at. I backed down to 65gr to start and he gave me 215gr Bergers to test both so we will see what the gun likes here soon. My scope arrives monday so Ill head out then

Man 2950fps is screaming for that round. I got pressure shine on my first shot using IMR7828 71.5gr. I have the 212ELDX about .001 off the lands if I remember correctly. My buddy gave me the length I should load at. I backed down to 65gr to start and he gave me 215gr Bergers to test both so we will see what the gun likes here soon. My scope arrives monday so Ill head out then

Mine is a custom chamber, so not apples-to-apples. Throated longer to seat the bullet further out - I'm running something like 3.766" COAL with the Berger 215 and ADG brass. Also - I've got zero experience with IMR7828. Most people I know advise H1000 for the 300WM, so I've just been working with that.

I don't like posting charge weights because it's specific to the gun - but I'm definitely higher using H1000 in my gun without pressure signs.

I've recently worked up a load for the 215 Hybrid. Shoots amazingly well. I'm using Norma brass, (the lite weight variety), CCI Magnum primer, and H1000. I needed them to fit in the magazine so I'm 0.050" off the lands. 2860 fps out of a 26" barrel.
20200524_122149.jpg

Last edited:
In my 26” I was running the 210vld at 2880fps, wlr primers, 69.0 h4831 .005 off the lands for a 3.617” oal. No pressure signs at that charge but it was in a sweet spot for es/sd and grouping tight so I stopped there. Another 5gr of bullet weight shouldn’t make a huge difference as far as charge weight is concerned.

Mine is a custom chamber, so not apples-to-apples. Throated longer to seat the bullet further out - I'm running something like 3.766" COAL with the Berger 215 and ADG brass. Also - I've got zero experience with IMR7828. Most people I know advise H1000 for the 300WM, so I've just been working with that.

I don't like posting charge weights because it's specific to the gun - but I'm definitely higher using H1000 in my gun without pressure signs.
Thanks man, I went IMR7828SSC because my hornady manuL had it as their best group. I havent used any of powder yet and look forward to trying H1000 or Retumbo

Reactions: BCMulx
In my 26” I was running the 210vld at 2880fps, wlr primers, 69.0 h4831 .005 off the lands for a 3.617” oal. No pressure signs at that charge but it was in a sweet spot for es/sd and grouping tight so I stopped there. Another 5gr of bullet weight shouldn’t make a huge difference as far as charge weight is concerned.
Thanks for the info. My shots with 72.5gr 7828SSC I got 3005fps with the 212gr ELDX. But i had pressure signs on every load. We will see what I get now that I started at 66gr and I believe im onlh .001 off the lands

I've recently worked up a load for the 215 Hybrid. Shoots amazingly well. I'm using Norma brass, (the lite weight variety), CCI Magnum primer, and H1000. I needed them to fit in the magazine so I'm 0.050" off the lands. 2860 fps out of a 26" barrel.
View attachment 7351313
Wow, that is an outstanding grouo. I have MDT 3.715 MAGs and they fit my bullets that are aboit .001 off the lands. I will definitely attempt your distance if the grouos arent tight. I have a 26in proof research barrel

Reactions: Wlfdg and ShtrRdy
View attachment 7351313

OneBreath808
So, have been working on a load for Berger 210's w/H1000 and CCI primers, ADG Brass for a 24" barrel. Just so happens my accuracy node is around 2860-2880. If you have a chrono. I would be mindful of that 2860 velocity number. It seems pretty consistent for that Berger bullet combo in a lot of people's rifles.

OneBreath808
So, have been working on a load for Berger 210's w/H1000 and CCI primers, ADG Brass for a 24" barrel. Just so happens my accuracy node is around 2860-2880. If you have a chrono. I would be mindful of that 2860 velocity number. It seems pretty consistent for that Berger bullet combo in a lot of people's rifles.
Thank you, I do have a chrono and will look into the speed with the accuracy. My last 300 win mag was at 2847fps that was pretty accurate but this is a different gun

Ive been told that and 7828SSC has worked well for me so I think I stock up on it because everyone gets H1000 and Retumbo
Don’t get greedy with speed with 7828 or expect surprises when it gets warm out.
R23 is available and more temp stable with a burn rate similar to 7828 and H4831?
Also running that close to the lands is probably costing you speed.

Reactions: Rebelirons
Don’t get greedy with speed with 7828 or expect surprises when it gets warm out.
R23 is available and more temp stable with a burn rate similar to 7828 and H4831?
Also running that close to the lands is probably costing you speed.
It was my builders idea, I will probably back it off as it had pressure signs at 71.5gr. I did new loads starting at 65gr. Im not worried about speed I bought the powder because my loading manual had it as the besg group, so I figured Ill start there

H1000 and 215 gn Hybrids were made for each other. I’m getting 2900 fps with that combo out of my 30” 300 win mag. I know it’s hard to find right now but H1000 is hard to beat in 300 win mag

76.0gr H1000, Berger 215gr @2932fps with Nosler Brass and Fed 215M primers. 26” Proof barrel.
Match made in heaven
Start a couple of grains below this and .015 off the lands and work up but this is pretty close to where most all good barrels end up. May have to adjust seating depth after finding the node. I have several 300's and they like from .015-.05 of the lands depending on the barrel.

Start a couple of grains below this and .015 off the lands and work up but this is pretty close to where most all good barrels end up. May have to adjust seating depth after finding the node. I have several 300's and they like from .015-.05 of the lands depending on the barrel.
Thank you for the info, and I will see what I currently have and try this after

My new 300 wm will be here any day now! ADG brass, 215 bergers, and H1000 will be her recipe

Attachments

• 8D4109D0-BDEE-4737-9D32-EC72B73352FC.jpeg
    8D4109D0-BDEE-4737-9D32-EC72B73352FC.jpeg
    556.9 KB · Views: 83
What seating depth are you running on this load?
They’re very long. I’d have to look up the data but it’s based off jump. I’m at .085” jump to the lands now and it’s so long because I ran out of room in the magazine at that. My magazines are 3.775” to give you an idea. Every few hundred rounds I’ll adjust it again if needed

Reactions: Gold13
They’re very long. I’d have to look up the data but it’s based off jump. I’m at .085” jump to the lands now and it’s so long because I ran out of room in the magazine at that. My magazines are 3.775” to give you an idea. Every few hundred rounds I’ll adjust it again if needed

appreciate it, I asked cause I’m running the exact same thing, same barrel, brass, everything, getting same speeds as well (or close to it) & have some rounds loaded to.060” & .090” jump for testing.

I am running mine at 3090 FPS using VV N570 with the 215 Hybrid. It is crazy the velocities I get with it. I used the PTG Chris Kyle reamer which is supposed to be the same as the Rhian Mantha(Spelling...lol). I loved it so much that I built my son one too.

9AB5CC1F-2716-4FF8-82EF-278695F6B00E.jpeg

Reactions: JKirk33
appreciate it, I asked cause I’m running the exact same thing, same barrel, brass, everything, getting same speeds as well (or close to it) & have some rounds loaded to.060” & .090” jump for testing.
If you can keep it about .06-.07 that’s where I had the best loads. I just keep it at Mag length now but my throat is wearing fast. I can look up my exact length tomorrow if you’d like but I need to tweek my load as it sits now. My SD’s are getting into the teens now and my groups are opening up to 3/4” so I’m starting to lose the groove

Reactions: Gold13
If you can keep it about .06-.07 that’s where I had the best loads. I just keep it at Mag length now but my throat is wearing fast. I can look up my exact length tomorrow if you’d like but I need to tweek my load as it sits now. My SD’s are getting into the teens now and my groups are opening up to 3/4” so I’m starting to lose the groove

how many rounds down your barrel ? Mines at 273 so fairly new(ish)

I am running mine at 3090 FPS using VV N570 with the 215 Hybrid. It is crazy the velocities I get with it. I used the PTG Chris Kyle reamer which is supposed to be the same as the Rhian Mantha(Spelling...lol). I loved it so much that I built my son one too.

View attachment 7423981
How much n570?

Also, how long is your barrel?
Thanks.

It is a 26“ barrel. I tested several different brands of brass. The SIG brass held the least powder and the Nosler held the most but I settled on ADG brass for the best speed and SDs. In the Nosler brass I used 83 grains with FGMM magnum primers and got 3040 FPS. The ADG brass load was 81.8 grains with CCI BR primers(not magnum) for 3090 out of my rifle and 3105 out of my son’s rifle. The loads varied quite a bit with different primers.