• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 win mag ammo

Magz556

Private
Minuteman
Sep 25, 2019
Hey all, looking to buy some 300 win mag ammo. Prefer 165-190 grains of hunting ammo. Looking to try something different and see what my rifle likes best.

Could you clarify please? Are you looking specifically in this thread for someone on the forum to sell you ammo?
Or a recommendation for a site to buy ammo off?

Could you clarify please? Are you looking specifically in this thread for someone on the forum to sell you ammo?
Or a recommendation for a site to buy ammo off?
Sorry, should have been more specific. I am looking for recommendations but if anyone has ammo they want to sell, I’d be up for that too . My rifle is in 1/11 twist.

Hey all, looking to buy some 300 win mag ammo. Prefer 165-190 grains of hunting ammo. Looking to try something different and see what my rifle likes best.
I don't know what rifle you are using but for my .300 WM Bergara HMR nothing beats the Barnes VOR-TX LR 190gr rounds. It shoots sub MOA out of my cold or relatively cool 26" stock barrel. I know you still get some expansion in a bull elk out to 860yds which is 160yds longer then Barnes claims it is designed for.

Might just be my rifle but for me it outshoots Fed GMM and Terminal Accent, Hornady Match, and a few others I have tried. YMMV.

Now if you happen to find any for sale please let me know. I have an elk hunt coming up later this year and to date have been looking to buy more of these rounds for 20 months. Have emailed and called and spoke with Barnes and they claim they will be doing a production run of these rounds later this year. They told me are just selling through distribution channels to try and keep them happy. I seriously have not seen a single box available for sale anywhere but I keep looking on a regular basis.

Best of luck in your search and your hunt.