• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

300 win mag loads need help

Longrangehuntersofalberta

Private
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2012
Canada
Hey I'm looking for some load information I'm using vihtVuori n560 hornady cases and fed 215 gm primers its for a 300 win mag rem 700 xcr tlr, I'm looking specifically for info of bullets 210gr berger vld target and 208gr amax hornady and for 200gr smk thanks guys I'm not flexible on the powder choices vihtVuori n560 is all I can get these days due to me livng in Canada thx

The most reliable option is to call the bullet AND powder company. If they do not have the information, then consider the recipe unsafe. It is safe to talk to a professional than people on the internet. I have made that mistake.

I have played with N560 this summer in my semi-custom Remmy 700 .300 WM
I never found a load that shot good enough for me with Sierra 190's but they did seem to want to node around 71 and 73 grains. 75 grains seemed a little hot... I later found out my front scope base was somewhat loose causing some larger than normal groups. I will need to revisit it later, but its elk season here and I have no more time... :) I have a bunch of 180 grain TSX over 83 grains of H1000 that prints sub MoA groups. I will live with that for now. Knocks the heck out of anything that walks on four legs, I can tell you that!

The VV manual only has loads for bullets up to 200gr. They give min: 60.9gr max: 70.9gr for the 200gr sierra. In their 24,5" test barrel 2526fps to 2795fps.
You might want to look at N570 as well. 74.7gr to 81.9gr. In their 24,5" test barrel 2615fps to 2923fps.

If you contact berger, they'll probably give you some quickload data. Pretty useful if you don't have access to that program yourself.