• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 win mag Rhian Mantha reamer

whodat988

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2021
Mississippi
I’m trying to get my hands on a Rhian Mantha reamer for a 300 win mag . Any advise on renting/buying one would be appreciated .

Not familiar with that reamer but PT&G has around 7 including Cris Kyle reamer. But if you had the reamer drawing they can make one. Look at the normal chamber reamer makers like JGS, Manson, and PT&G etc. plus 4 D Reamer rental.
Depending on what you're trying to accomplish besides an improved chamber a throating reamer can be used to move the cartridge overall length to 3.7 " or 3.85" for the long range heavy bullets, like getting 230 gr match bullets to 2960 fps area with the 300WM.

I have one that’s only cut one barrel. What’s a fair way to do this?

edit, forgot to add it’s a JGS

Reactions: DIBBS
Here's a discussion of the reamer specs on another forum. Also a print of same from JGS as @mjspeers mentioned above.

Yes, that’s where I got the reamer and spend a lot of time on LRO. My Carbon6 barrel cut with this reamer is amazing. Right around 3k from a 25” pipe with the 215s.

I own a reamer JGS ground to this print. It has chambered several barrels and all shoot 215 Berger’s with h-1000 in the 3000fps range very accurately. If that’s the combo your after this is a great reamer design. Sorry not interested in selling or renting the reamer.
Kyle

I have one that’s only cut one barrel. What’s a fair way to do this?

edit, forgot to add it’s a JGS
After talking back to my builder I believe I will just have him use his saami reamer and throat it a little deeper to my dummy round I’ll have setup oal 3.74

Reactions: mjspeers
Why 300wm instead of one of the nobelted magnum 30 cals?
Mainly because I am re barreling what used to be a 28 nosler with a 30 inch tube running 195s at 3215 and pretty well have smoked it out in about 400 shots so I’m gonna go with the tried and true 300 win and coast with some h1000 around 3000fps with a 28” tube . I started to do 300 Norma or 30 nosler but I figured ehh probably will be chasing lands pretty soon then the prc to me when all the smoke clears isn’t any better than a 300 wm

No belt on the PRC. If you don't already have everything 300wm that would be enough reason for me.

I’ve already ordered dies and everything but I tell you what since I feel like a man can never have too many lasers in the safe I might just talk myself into needing both before long lol . I was torn between 300 win and prc and had actually decided 300 prc up until a few days ago I finally flipped a coin and went 300 win ..

All the data suggests a custom 300wm is every bit as good as a 300prc. The belt hasn't bothered me at all reloading. But off the shelf, with factory ammo, prc should win out. When I read numbers of 300prc out of similar length barrels with the 215, my 300wm seems to out pace most PRCs. When I built mine 3 years ago, I was in the same conundrum, looking back I probably would've skipped the expense of the custom reamer and just bought a prefit saami spec 300prc barrel and all the components for it. My concern was the classic, "what if I'm somewhere and I need ammo" so I went with the classic, I think that angle is a little overblown.

....."PT&G has around 7 including Cris Kyle reamer."
There are quite a few reamers in their catalog that they have no business making or selling.

But if you had the reamer drawing they can make one."
..... even if it is somebody else's proprietary reamer.

PT&G is notorious for making and selling parts, tools and reamers designed and made by other individuals without permission to do so.
There is a better than average chance they will F up your order if you get it at all but either way they do not deserve your business.

They think they are like the Borg and can assimilate any I.P. out there for themselves. The main difference is that at least the damned Borg know how to properly use what they steal.

Last edited: