• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors .300 Win Mag Suppressor

EHans34

Private
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2020
Ohio, USA
I’m looking to buy a suppressor for my .300 win mag. Does anyone have any recommendations? I don’t care if it’s really long and bulky or expensive.

I have an AAC MK 13-SD which I purchased a while ago. It is not bad, at the time not a lot of other options. Currently waiting on a ThunderBeast 338 Ultra.

CGS Hyperion 762, CGS Hekate 338, Thunderbeast Ultra 9, Thunderbeast Ultra 338, Dead Air Nomad L.

I run an Ultra 9 on mine, works very well......but if I had it to over again I'd just reach a little deeper into the wallet and get a 338 Ultra. Suppression would be a little better on 30 Caliber magnums along with the flexibility to go up in Caliber. The only negative I see in the 338 Ultra is it gets pretty large for a "hunting rig" but you've already said that isn't an issue

Unless your win mag is a spec build (m2010, mk13, etc) the TBAC 338 covers all your magnum needs, now and future unless you step to 375 or 408/416 class chamberings. I’m Eyeing the 338 ultra for super mag use.

If size is of no concern, TBAC 338
Everything else is just an exercise in compromise

I’m looking to buy a suppressor for my .300 win mag. Does anyone have any recommendations? I don’t care if it’s really long and bulky or expensive.
Absolutely LOVE my SilencerCo Chimera-300. I have ASR brakes on several rifles and just swap it between them. Solidly built, accurate, flexible caliber with other rifles I us it on (300-WM, 300-AAC, 6.5-CM, 224-V, etc.). It's just a great can for everything at or under 30-caliber.

I run a liberty mystic X on my .300 sounds great..

I want it to be as precise as possible at the furthest range possible.

Yes, I assumed that. The question was somewhat sarcastic. You pay for precision, its the name of the game. All of the suppressors being recommended are on the high end for a reason. Quality costs $$$

Reactions: HenryTheAce
Yes, I assumed that. The question was somewhat sarcastic. You pay for precision, its the name of the game. All of the suppressors being recommended are on the high end for a reason. Quality costs $$$
The good stuff is expensive for a reason. I know that having a 9” suppressor on a 30” barrel will definitely increase velocity and, subsequently, range. But, is the addition of a suppressor to a 30” barrel worth the price tag?

The good stuff is expensive for a reason. I know that having a 9” suppressor on a 30” barrel will definitely increase velocity and, subsequently, range. But, is the addition of a suppressor to a 30” barrel worth the price tag?

The suppressor is doing more than 20fps boost, its acting like a muffler. The velocity is just a side effect. In fact if velocity is the goal the suppressor is NOT the most cost effective option. You can handload specific for your rifle and boost velocities higher. One of the suppressor guys can answer this better than myself but if you have 30" of barrel on a 300WM, I'm not sure you will get any boost...

That’s my thought, too. If I spend $1k on a high-end 30” barrel, and the only reason I want a suppressor is to increase velocity when the suppressor will have no impact
That's the main reason? Respectfully, that is a terrible reason. 20 fps is nothing. Plug it in a calculator, it's nothing. You can get that with a drop tube , a different primer, an inch longer barrel, etc.
I appreciate the information. The noise of a .300 win mag doesn’t bother me enough to spend over $1,000 to reduce it. I’m more than content with my compensator. With the information I’ve been given, I’ll just get a longer barrel and put my compensator on it.