• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.300 Win Mag & Suprressor?

Pusher591

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jun 18, 2009
    Gaston County
    Anyone shoot a 300 Win Mag with a suppressor? Im thinking about building a 300 Win Mag, CRUSADER style and put a surefire on it. Thinking maybe a 18.5 or 20" barrel. I was also wondering has anyone shot a 300 Win Mag with a surefire muzzle brake on it. Does it work fairly well and what would it be similar to shooting if the the brake was on it.

Re: .300 Win Mag & Suprressor?

The barrel seems a little short for a 300 win mag. For the best performance you may want to look at 24' barrels. .308 is a lot better for 20 inch barrels.

Yeah, I know the barrel lenght is a little short but I wanted something that had similar if not higher velocities than a 24-26'' barreled 308. I could be wrong but would the trajectory be about the same if not better camparing the .300 win mag 18.5'' barrel to a 26'' barrel .308. It may not be as simple as that but it just seems logical. Let me know if I'm wrong because I'm kind of new to the Long range stuff. I would do alot of stuff witht he .308 up to about 300 yards but i eventually want to shoot out to 800-1000. I just really like the short barrel because of its portability, plus once I ad the suppressor it should be around 24'' total. Im buying a house plus a ring for the girlfriend and a rifle so I wont be building anohter rifle anytime soon so I figured get something now that shoot out to 800 or 1000 later.

K, short barreled 308's are capable at 1000 yards!

I remeber watching LL (I think) shoot an 18" .308 at 1000 on YouTube.

Reguardless, .308 is cheeper to reload, and with the barrel profile you want, it will do what you need it to. And has a longer barrel life.

Granted, I have a .308 and a .300WM.... I love both equaly..(I may jinx myself if I said otherwise)

I have an elite iron can on my 300. Works well but it sure is muzzle heavy.

I've shot a 300 WM with a KAC can on it. The can worked well. Recoil was very tame to say the least. I could spot for myself past 300m, the gun came back on target quick. No brake on this one and I have not used a Surefire can. I don't know how much it weighs, but it felt heavy. I bet it is close or over 20 pounds with the can on it.