• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 win mag

Ammo dog 2311

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2012
New york
Lookin for another 300 win mag. Want to keep it $2000 or less. Accuracy is paramount. What's your opinion ? Open to any suggestions......thanks

Re: 300 win mag

If I got a barreled action then I would need a chassis for it. I think that would put me way over budget right ? I know 2000 is not a lot for a quality rifle but can't justify spending 5000 for another rifle. Sold my last 300 win and wish I had not. That open spot in my safe is bothering me a lot.
I do have a couple rem 700's would it be better to get one changed to 300 win. ???

I would get a Remington 700 Sendero, you can get one for about $1100-1200. Then just get whatever stock or chassis you want and you're set. All of the Senderos I have used have been absolute tack drivers.

If I had a 2K budget, I would probably buy a 5R and a bunch of reloading components.:)

Hope this helps!

I had a sako trg in .300. Was a great rifle and other than adding pricey sako accessories you may be able to find a lightly used rifle for your price point. Mine was a 1/2 MOA gun at just about any distance if I was up to it.

Hey pigman I will check that out . I used to live over near the katy hills mall a number of years ago. Miss being close to bass pro. New York sucks most of the time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pigman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would get a Remington 700 Sendero, you can get one for about $1100-1200. Then just get whatever stock or chassis you want and you're set. All of the Senderos I have used have been absolute tack drivers.</div></div>

I agree with this statement, and I will also say the 700 "police" if you can live with the HS stock.
They go for about $1000.00
Throw in a badger detachable magazine for around $350, and a US Optics scope. Youre all set out to 1500!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ammo dog 2311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey pigman I will check that out . I used to live over near the katy hills mall a number of years ago. Miss being close to bass pro. New York sucks most of the time. </div></div>

Yeah my dad actually used to work at Bass Pro. It was pretty nice getting discounts on everything. I pass by there on my way to and from school everyday so I'm always in there looking around.

I have a rem 700 in 30-06 what would it cost to change to 300 win mag. My stock and trigger are fine so I can keep that. True the action, new barrel, bedding and bolt if necessary . Just a ball park figure on the high side. Not going to hold you on it. If possible....thanks....

300 Win.Mag...rem. 700 trued action...Obermeyer fluted barrel....H-S stock....tuned rem. trigger.
1500$ shipped
bill larson

agreed on the savage my 110ba in 300wm shoots under MOA all day if i am up to it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ammo dog 2311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lookin for another 300 win mag. Want to keep it $2000 or less. Accuracy is paramount. What's your opinion ? Open to any suggestions......thanks </div></div>
That's pretty easy. This one fits the bill perfectly.

I'd to a Rem. 700 Police of 5R in the 1k range. They both sport decent factory accuracy, and if you don't like the HS stock, you can sell it. They usually go for around $250 - then you can put the remaining $1250 into another stock, scope base, rings, etc...

Just my opinion, but there are a lot more add-ons for the Remington 700 than there are for Savages. If you want to do more later-on down the road, you'll have somewhere to go with the Remmy.

You can't go wrong with any of the rifles listed thus far.

I like my 700p. For what I paid, it works well.

5 at 150~, I may have pulled the last 2 to open the group up because the rain started coming down pretty hard. Either way, not bad for me.
file-1.jpg

Adjusted my new scope after the first shot, next 4 went into a nice group at 100.
file-4.jpg

My father was with me when I shot the above target and asked me how it shot. I adjusted 2 clicks to the right, and told him I could take the top off of a small bic lighter at 100 without hitting the plastic......first shot
file-3.jpg

Although I don't have pics on my phone of groups, my sendero will do equally as well. I'm a big fan of Remington's for what you pay.

I am a big remmy fan, with that said, the Savage 110BA is hard to beat, if a remington 700 I would also say 5R!

All good sugestions here. My vote goes 5R though. I have one in .300 win mag, added a muzzle brake and adjustable cheek and I'm already shooting .75 moa groups. Not bad for my first precision rifle.

I would scrimp and save just a little bit more and then buy a Sako TRG 42.

Spending just 4 or 5 hundred more will get you a top notch, non compromise rifle.

A TRG is never a bad choice.