• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 WM, is Norma the best option for buying brass?

Re: 300 WM, is Norma the best option for buying brass?

Some would argue that Norma is actually the best brass there is, and you'll pay through the nose for the pleasure of using it. l've only used .243 Norma brass but l must say that it was very consistant for both weight and uniformity.

I have a couple hundred Norma 300 WM and have only neck sized. I have only shot them twice so I can't speak for durability but they are consistent and my loads are very accurate. I also use Norma 6XC brass and have fired some of them at least 6 times, with no issues. Good stuff. IMHO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ralfabco</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Without Lapua and RWS .300 Win Mag brass, is Norma now the best option ? Is it good brass ? </div></div>
Norma is good brass. There is also Nosler. I have used the Nosler 300WM brass for competition, and it works great. I have about 6-7 reloads on mine so far, and they work fine. I annealed the necks after the 5th reload. Win brass is also decent. A little more case prep is needed for the first loading, and it is not as consistant as Nosler. Norma or Nosler would be the best choice for premium brass in the 300 WM.

Hornady brass is pretty decent. I bought 300 rounds when I first started shooting my 300WM. Some of it has 4 loads on it and still going good.

i've got two batches of brass going right now, winchester with 5 loads and r-p with 4 loads. current price of brass, hard for me to swallow the price of norma, let alone winchester.