• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.300 wm throat erosion

Re: .300 wm throat erosion

LOL, duh?

sorry. at that velocity erosion's gonna eat your barrel alive, slow them down, there's no reason to be going that fast.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gman762</div><div class="ubbcode-body">anybody have any trouble with this at velocities around 3400?</div></div>

keep it up meatball....and there will be NO lands next to your grooves in very short order

Lot of powder volume + small hole in barrel = big time throat erosion.

Excess case trimming or trimming too short helps hurry this along.

i'm pushing 168 match using 74 gr of imr 4831. 1 in 10 26 inch barrel. at the moment, i am chronographless. anyone able to give any ballpark velocities?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gman762</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i'm pushing 168 match using 74 gr of imr 4831. 1 in 10 26 inch barrel. at the moment, i am chronographless. anyone able to give any ballpark velocities?</div></div>

The chronograph is essential to LR success for someone hand-loading. Without one you might as well be shooting blindfolded.