• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 WM???

Icallem

Football Ref
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2011
N. Central MO
I have a 300WM that is to be delivered Wed of this week. I want to hunt with this as well as sometimes shoot with some friends at some longer distances.
I currently reload for several different rifles, and while I sure don't claim to know it all, I feel I have a pretty good routine for the ones I reload now.
My questione is, do I get everything to reload for the 300WM or just find some factory loads (it would like) and get a case of said loads and go on?
I have a 6.5 CM, 7-08 and of course some 308s, so I don't see this rifle getting shot just to be out shooting.
If I go with something pre-loaded, what have you found to be good? I don't know the twist right now, but I think it is geared towards the 190 weight bullet.

Thanks for any advice.

Re: 300 WM???

If its a remington I would say buy 50 pieces of brass and some 210 Berger vlds along with reloader 22. Seat em long enough where you can close the bolt with no stress on the closing. They are DEADLY. Start at 71 grains. My particular load is 72.7 r22 @ 3.630". It is deadly