• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 WSM DBM's

ejd049

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2007
Ft Worth, Texas
Whats are some good DBM's for a 300 WSM platform? Is it possible to run this cartridge in a 308 AI mag without feeding issues?

Thanks

Re: 300 WSM DBM's

I don't know about any of the others, but Seekins makes a specific DBM for WSM calibers:

http://www.seekinsprecision.com/index.ph...rt&Itemid=2

I'm using a standard SA Seekins DBM in a 7 WSM with 162 A-Max and I have plenty of mag space, but if I was doing it over I'd definitely get the WSM system.

Yes and you have two options. One run it in a long action and use 300wm magazines and seat your projectiles a bit longer than you could in a short action.

Or use a short action and tweak the magazine lips to fit the WSM. Brownells sells a lip forming tool that includes the measurments for 20 or so different rounds.

Use a regular AICS type DBM with Alpha WSM mags. You might have to modify the action slightly to do this.