• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

muledeer

Private
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2009
Lyons, Texas
One more time. Can anyone give me the rail spacing in action on rem 700 in 300 0r 270 WSM? [factory specs]

Re: 300 WSM

PM Cameron Murphy, he's the man that should be able to help you on this.

channelcat,
I dont think Rem actually makes WSM actions or didn't. What needs to be done is to take a little off the edges at the entry point of the raceway at a time with a dremmel untill a case will pass with .015 clearance on both sides. You can then finnish the edge with emery cloth. I had to do it, it only took a couple light passes and wasnt hard to do at all.

If you really want a measurement, measure the web and rim area of a fired case and add .003 to .005

Good luck

same as magnum long action. i don't have the specs but...

The magnum LA that I have had to be opened just a hair as the case wouldn't fit through the bottom races above the magazine slot of the action. You only need to relieve the back 50 percent of the race as the case taper will pass the rest.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LR-WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The magnum LA that I have had to be opened just a hair as the case wouldn't fit through the bottom races above the magazine slot of the action. You only need to relieve the back 50 percent of the race as the case taper will pass the rest. </div></div>

Same experience here. I have a .300 WSM built on a Remington 700 magnum LA, it has to be opened up just a tad bit. Otherwise they wouldn't feed out from under the magazine slot.