• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report 300 Yard Group

CDAT

Private
Minuteman
Dec 30, 2006
Lampasas Texas
For the past two months I've been working on loads for my HS Precision 30.06 HTR. To date most have been fired at 100 yards usually, at Stan's Range on 183 North of Austin (1st Pic). Well today the wind was not blowing too bad here in central Texas so I went to my friends place and tried several different loads (that looked promising at 100 yards) at 300 yards. The target pic shows the best group of 4 different 190 SMK loads. 10 Rds within 1 MOA and 6 of 10 within .5 MOA. It is not a max load by any means but looks like a keeper to me.

30.06 26" Barrel
190 SMK
53.7 of IMR 4350
Lapua Case
CCI BR 2 Primer
3.263 OAL
AV=2748 FPS

100_1177.jpg

190SMKTgt.jpg

Re: 300 Yard Group

Very nice group!! Congrats on the great shooting. I acurately measured it for you... 0.8moa @ 300.

Image91.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 284win</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice group!! Congrats on the great shooting. I acurately measured it for you... 0.8moa @ 300.

Image91.jpg
</div></div>

is this program where you measured this group free and where or how did you do it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> is this program where you measured this group free and where or how did you do it? </div></div>

sl78928, see here OnTarget. I started a new thread so we don't hyjack CDAT's great thread.

MM, conditions were as good as one could hope for in central TX at this time of the year. The wind was not constant but when it did blow it was between 5-10 MPH at 5-6 o'clock. Temp was around 50-55 degrees. I put wind flags on the target stand and fired most of my shots when the flags were hanging vertically. Given the almost perfect conditions, and quality of the rifle, it just has demonstrated once again, that under most conditions, that I am still the weakest part of the overall system.

CDAT