• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors 300Blackout - What can?

steppenwolf

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2008
midwest
Was just curious ...

what are the various suppressors being used out there on the 300BO AR set-ups - and, if you know, on the few bolt guns that've been re-barreled to 300BO?

Also, what barrel-length variations has anyone seen used on the suppressed 300BOs? Are they all, e.g., 9-10" SBR barrels?

Just asking ... Thanks!

Re: 300Blackout - What can?

any 30 cal suppressor will do fine. I use a 7.62SD because I already had one. But if you have any plans to run a suppressed bolt rifle in the future do your self a favor and get a direct thread on suppressor.

We use either the 762SDN6 or the TBAC 30P-1 on our Blackout guns at the shop. Our latest shop gun is a Seekins upper and lower with a 8" Noveske with a 762SDN6 on the end.

Was just out shooting my 16" 300BO today, I use a 762sd and it runs like a sewing machine. Very quiet.

I relagated my AAC Cyclone K to 300 Blackout duty, works like a champ.

BCM upper, lower, BCG, and Noveske 10" wrapped inside a Seekin's BAR. Very lightweight and accurate

After building her
NFA008.jpg

nfaII006.jpg

The Cyclone K slips nicely inside the Seekin's BAR
NFAII005.jpg

Range testing, runs like a champ!
300_BLK.jpg

i run a gemtech sandstorm, and a swr trident on my 300 with a 10.5" barrel both work very well.

I have ran the .300blk with an Osprey .45. I really like the look and sound.

1107a894.jpg

I also run it with a 762-SDN-6.

a74c8e2b.jpg

I believe that a .300blk has done everything that it is going to do in under 10" Aaron at Delta Company Arms has done a lot of testing as has Robert Silvers and this seems to be the conclusion that they come to as well.

Any 308 can. All barrels are 5/8-24. Some people use 9mm pistol cans for subsonic. There is about double the powder from a 9mm, so a pistol can will get hot quickly. And full power ammo is like an AK in power, so rifle can only for that.

Im running a SWR Trident 9mm can with a 3 lug adapter. TROS makes a 5/8x24 3 lug mount which works well. If I run my M-16 lower I switch over to my 762-SD

We normally use a very small flat head screwdriver to depress the latch to get it off. The Seekins rail system has enough room to get the latch off without much drama. The Seekins rail has a lot of internal diameter for use to just just about any 30 cal suppressor on the market inside of it.

First of all, <span style="font-weight: bold">THANKS</span> to all you guys for the great replies and for the pics of your 300BO set-ups. Definitely some hot guns out there, with interesting variations to consider.

Perhaps I should have been a bit clearer in my initial post: I already have a .30cal suppressor. It the OPS 3rd model, typically a dedicated bolt can.

I've had the barrels on 2 .308s, one 30.06, and one 5.56mm AR profiled and collared for it. I've got a buddy looking to get rid of his Sav .223 Predator that I might snatch from him and have the barrel set up for the OPS as well.

In other words, <span style="font-weight: bold">one can, multiple guns.</span>

But the OPS 3rd is a long can at 12". Approximately 5" of the can thread on back over the barrel where it lines up on the collar. That leaves approx 7" of can for the projectile to traverse.

That's why I asked what minimum barrel-length is needed to stabilze the subsonic 300BO bullet (and, I assume, a 1/7 twist), as I don't want to risk baffle strikes after the bullet enters the can.

I like Dr. Phil's set-up and I'm glad to hear the Seekins rail has enough internal diameter to accept a thick can.

Not really wanting to go thru the time, expense, paperwork and sign-offs for a smaller, shorter 30cal in order to get into the suppressed 300BO game. That's also why I asked about bolt-gun set-ups, in case the OPS 3rd's length makes the AR platform impractical.

Here's the set-up on a 16" 5.56mm MRP tube: looks wierd I'm sure, but it's fun to shoot and suppression-effective on the 5.56 blast.
SOS-2.jpg

cool.gif

Awesome pics!
I am working on the new handguard specifically designed for suppressor use. Its completely round but you can attach rails wherever you want. It will come with a full top rail to look monolithic and you can attach other pic rails to add stuff wherever. This is going to be great for 3gun setups too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1979brj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yasherka

Love the look of your rifle.. what stock is that?? </div></div>
Bell and Carlson

You guys and your .300BO pictures. I think the next auto-loader I build is definitely going to have to be a .300BO so I can join the bandwagon!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awesome pics!
I am working on the new handguard specifically designed for suppressor use. Its completely round but you can attach rails wherever you want. It will come with a full top rail to look monolithic and you can attach other pic rails to add stuff wherever. This is going to be great for 3gun setups too. </div></div>

Brotherman,

Your BAR already works great with suppressors

Chris

Well I have been reading you guys comment about the 762SD for a blackout thanks going to order mine soon and all thepaper work that goes with it.
cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fostercd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">looking at a YHM 7.62, any experience with that on a 308 or 300 blackout? </div></div>

It will work just fine... but it will feel like a small child is doing chin-ups on the end of your barrel.