• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300blk build - AR sbr and Surefire Muzzle brake locating MB762SSAL/RE

Coldfuzion

Serviens
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2013
Greeneville, TN
Heya all, I have two quick questions for you wonderful folks.

I'm looking to build a short 300blk upper, and use my Surefire FA762ss can on it just because its only one really not being used at the moment. The muzzle brake adapter needs 2.75" from the muzzle back and I'm trying to figure out how short I can go before I hit the gas block. Plan is to use a .750 low pro gas block and pistol gas tube that is .750 at the gas port. Does anyone happen to have an 8" or 8.5" barrel that might know the distance from muzzle to start of gas block? I have lots of room on my 10.5" but wanted to try and trim it down since this can is rather long.

Also does anyone happen to know anywhere that might have some more Surefire legacy brakes in stock? Looking for more of the MB762SSAL/RE 's as I think I got the last ones from Surefire direct in June and not sure if/when they plan to do another batch.

Thanks as always
Andrew