• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

300BLK subsonic load w/190gr SMKs

Wolf762x51

Private
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Maine
Hey guys! Just put together an AR pistol in .300blk as my "truck gun", 9" barrel with carbine gas system. Around the same time I happened to snag some 190gr SMKs at a yard sale so now Im wondering if anyone knows a good powder so start with thatll hopefully cycle the action with my SDN-6 mounted. Anything helps, thanks in advance! Also have some 110 Barnes Tac-TX for close-in deer hunting so anything for those would also be appreciated.

Everybody swears by AA1680 for subsonic 300blk. I’ve run it out of my 10.3” pistol with 200gr Berry’s and had no issues cycling even with an H2 buffer. Think my load was 10.5-11.0gr, have to check my book.
Also have a lb of CFEBLK I’ve been meaning to try out, just haven’t been loading for 300blk recently

Hey guys! Just put together an AR pistol in .300blk as my "truck gun", 9" barrel with carbine gas system. Around the same time I happened to snag some 190gr SMKs at a yard sale so now Im wondering if anyone knows a good powder so start with thatll hopefully cycle the action with my SDN-6 mounted. Anything helps, thanks in advance! Also have some 110 Barnes Tac-TX for close-in deer hunting so anything for those would also be appreciated.

I have used Shooter's World Blackout powder to great success with 190 grain Nosler bullets.

That said I bought a box of 1000 of them and found that grain weight of bullet quirky to load subsonics in. I probably won't buy any more of them unless it's a fantastic deal or something. In my experience with 190 grain bullets (if you are loading strictly for subsonics) is that the list of powders that work well is quite a short list. The main problem I had was a lot of powder shift which would create huge variations in velocity.