• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing 300blk sucks for deer (graphic)

wvfarrier

Ignorant wretch
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2012
West (By GOD) Virginia
Just kidding, smoked this doe at 123 yards. It was a heckuva fun stalk. I jumped her up from where she was bedded, she ran about 250 yards and stopped. I dont think she actually saw me but heard me, she was looking around after her run run but settled back down after a few minutes. I kept as many trees as possible between her line of sight and me. I got to 123 yards (per my range finder). I watched her until she stood back up and dropped the hammer. Rem 700 with a 16" barrel. 125 grain Speer TNT (its a spicey load). Neck shot, dropped her in her tracks. The round completely destroyed her trachea, broke her neck and then blew out the other side. Unfortunately I think I need to reduce the load, it made an awful mess of her. Its a 3-day doe only firearm season, right in the middle of archery season 🙄
20231026_100032.jpg
20231026_115040.jpg

I've got a good friend that has amazing success and a lot of praise for the 90gr TNT out of a 6.5 Grendel on hogs of all things.

As long as you don't shoot where you need a lot of penetration, they seem to be extremely effective.

Congrats on your harvest.

Hard to argue those results. My wife often hunts suppressed with a little 30 BO single shot and has a lot of success. Such a versatile little round.