• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300BLk upgrades

Cornholeo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2011
Oklahoma city
When I built my 8" Novesky in 300BLK it was for suppressed only with subs and was everything I was hoping. That was until I started noticing the FRRRAAANNNNGGGG of the spring and buffer. Totally silent rifle, except for the action and the spring. Well I decided to try the JP Rifles Silent Capture Spring and damn if it did not make a huge difference. Lock-back on every empty mag and cycled perfectly using the 175SMK sub loads. I am tempted to try the AR-10 model now.

I also got tired of chasing my brass at the range shooting next to my buddy shooting his M&P 15 so I tried out another gem someone posted on here, the Tactical Brass Recovery Brass Catcher. It mounts easily to a side rail, has a zippered bottom and with the design, does not collapse over the ejection port as it fills with brass. It is easily detachable so you can move it between rifles at the range whereas another one I looked at, 3bucc brass catcher, you mounted the quick detach mount to the top rail and they did not sale extra mounts, that I could find anyway. The tactical Brass Recover catcher did not interfere with access to the chamber and did not block access to the mag release.

Both well made products IMO and worth every penny.

Interesting, I had not heard of the JP silent capture spring. I may have to try that in my 300 BLK SBR. it is pretty quiet suppressed, but even quieter is better. Thanks

Thanks, I've been wondering how one of those would work in a 300 BLK.

The Tubb flat wire spring doesn't make any noise and is $100 less. The 3Bucc is a great unit and extra mounts have been available directly from Brian, the owner, for a while. Removal of the 3Bucc requires one yank. Installation is just as easy. The other unit is nice if you have a hand guard rail.

Thanks, I'll have to get one.
A couple of tips. If you get one take out your detent. They require maintenance and getting it in and out with the detent installed is a bitch. Second you may or may not have to shim it depending on your buffer tube.

A couple of tips. If you get one take out your detent. They require maintenance and getting it in and out with the detent installed is a bitch. Second you may or may not have to shim it depending on your buffer tube.

thanks, good advice and good to know.

I don't have any suppressed rifles but I put a JP in a Seekins build and it worked great.
I put the 308 version in one of my MA TEN's and it wouldn't cycle.
I sold it and bought Slash's heavy buffer and was back to normal.
Moral: every build is different but I still love JP Products.

The Tubb flat wire spring doesn't make any noise and is $100 less. The 3Bucc is a great unit and extra mounts have been available directly from Brian, the owner, for a while. Removal of the 3Bucc requires one yank. Installation is just as easy. The other unit is nice if you have a hand guard rail.

Thanks for the heads up on the 3bucc. When I was looking I could not find the additional mounts.