• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300WinMag AXMC, looking from feedback from a user

kujuak

Private
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2017
AI fever afflicted. Looking to hear about experience of anybody with an AXMC in 300WinMag. Can't come up with an excuse to lust for a 300NM or 338Lapua rifle ( little chance of shooting > 1,000yds,put off by cost of reloading the big rounds and reported headaches with 300NM with some brands of brass). I hunt with an old Remington AWR custom shop 300WinMag rifle,solots of brass etc in that calibre.
Currently happily shooting 308 and 6.5 Creedmoor in my AI rifles. I don't compete much (like once a year), mostly shoot for fun and relaxation.

Thanks!

I run the 300 WM in my AXMC. I love it , hits hard pretty far. I also have the conversion kit to run SA . It is great, never had any issues. I actually started with the Long action , then bought a SA too. ADDICTIVE ....

Reactions: kujuak
Does your SA bolt come with the Small Rifle primer setup?

It's a damn laser. 208g A-MAX, Berger VLD's, 220g ELD-X.... The factory 1-10" tube likes whatever I have thrown at it honestly. I ran some 165g TAP barrier rounds out of mine at some stupid velocity.

If you have lots of brass then go for it. If you wanted to run a heavier bullet with a little more velocity you could get a 300prc barrel spun up and still use the same bolt.

sold a custom 300wm, picked up a MC in 300. loved it so much i bought a ax308 as well.
300wm and AI go together like they were designed together.
feeds perfect
tried a bunch of different factory ammo to get a base line and they all shot well.
from partitions, to RWS elite, to FGMM, shoots them all great.
but it and dont look back.

Reactions: kujuak
You can do it!!!! :)
I shoot 185 BergerJuggernauts& 215 BergerHybrids out of mine. Hard to beat them.
Then you can jump on the 338LM boat & shoot 300 grain Bergers a country mile, literally!!!!