• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300wm 10rd mag feedback- love em or hate em?

GrantA

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 7, 2010
Thomasville, GA USA
I'm looking at bottom metal, I have an HS 5R stock (and like it, feels good to me) and I could stick in a BDL-sized BM (PTG Rem Military Style) which accepts Accurate Mags (3.775 length) with no fuss at all, however it seems that limits me to 5rd mags which may or may not not be a bad thing
I could go to a number of different DBMs for AICS mags and then I could run 5 or 10rd mags (leaning towards a PTG Stealth mostly because of price)
I'm not exactly sure how tall the 10rd mags are, surely a 6-9 bipod would clear it though right?
Do the 10rd single stacks get in the way more than anything? Would you rather have 4 5rds than 2 10rds?

Help me decide, I'm looking for opinions and thoughts here

Thanks!
Grant

10 round mags are huge. But, they hold 10 rounds. They also hold 12 rounds of and 06 case. I shoot an atlas. I always have room. Rear bag might be a little different to get that high. They are also crazy expensive. 150$ if u can find them. 12 rounds in an 06 case diameter gives a little edge but not much. I would not want it to be my only one. It seems the matches I have shot lately have been more stages and less rounds to keep the flow moving faster. But sometimes they are needed. Unhandy for just range work unless you are practicing for a match. Hope that helps some.
T

Hmmm so then 6rds of 30-06 should fit in a 5rd 300wm mag...
As for the price I agree they're expensive, but compared to buying 2 5rd mags they're not really. The 10rd are available @ $125+ shipping while a 5rd is $88
Accurate Mag 5rd run about $80 or just under that it seems.

And here I was bitching about $35 for a pistol mag, this rifle addiction is dangerous!!

Hmmm so then 6rds of 30-06 should fit in a 5rd 300wm mag...
As for the price I agree they're expensive, but compared to buying 2 5rd mags they're not really. The 10rd are available @ $125+ shipping while a 5rd is $88
Accurate Mag 5rd run about $80 or just under that it seems.

And here I was bitching about $35 for a pistol mag, this rifle addiction is dangerous!!

You are correct. 6 in 5 rnd 12 in 10s. I run an 280ai from them both. I have so many mags now I build everything on a long action

The 10-round AI 300WM magazines are LOOOOONG in terms of how much real estate they command under the rifle. I have a few that I bought ages ago before they became a "regular production" item (contract overrun mags from a "special" order). I have used them a few times when not using my rifle on the bench or prone because for me at least...they are just too long in those conditions, but they WILL work with a 6-9" Harris, Atlas, etc. at least on my AI...can't speak directly to the HS/700 setup you've got, but should be ok. They are really nice though for those time when you might really want/need an extra 5-6 rounds without having to take time to change mags (like shooting comps, etc.), but they aren't ideal for other instances IMO.

If you run a search of the Hide, I know that at some point in the past, I have posted pics along with Rob01 and others, of what the 10-rounders look like hanging out of a rifle, in comparison with 5-rounders, etc.

Last edited: