• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300WM: Dallas Custom Reloads vs Copper Creek 225ELDM

GBMaryland

Herr Oberst
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 24, 2008
    Maryland, US
    So I decided I wasn’t gonna try to work up a 225 ELDM load on my own and looked to see what I could find on the Internet…

I can honestly say the Dallas custom reloads we’re pretty darn good and what you would expect to see with a 300 win mag.

The most confusing part of the day was when I went to chrono the Copper Creek ammunition… It was slower than most 308s. In fact, I’m pretty sure it’s slower than every 308 on the planet. I honestly can’t imagine why they would load 300 win mag that slow?

And this is a 26 inch barrel were talking about on a TRG 42 A1….

Granted, it’s a KRG BRUX 1:10 done up by short action customs (SAC)… as opposed to the original 1:11 barrel, but that is not gonna account for this:
    IMG_0171.jpeg

VS
    IMG_0175.jpeg

The only thing I can say, for the Copper Creek rounds is… They shoot really easy.

Bahahaahahaha

I didn’t get the Internet memo that copper creek loads them unbelievably slow, but I guess now I know.

Humph

PS the reason there isn’t a larger string of shots with using the copper creek ammo. Is that why bother? I stopped the minute I realize they were at least 400 ft./s slower than they should be.

Prolly got ruined riding next to the Bud Light in yer Tesla…..

I would reach out to Copper Creek.
    He is a solid dude and that does seem quite slow.

I wouldnt accept either one of those min/max numbers or SDs myself.

Im poor and not cool but do make pretty darn good ammo.
    Any reason to not develop your own?

Time primarily. Normally I would, especially given the costs savings. However, I simply figured I’d give it a try see if anybody had anything good that I could base my loads on.

The one thing I did like about both brands is that they were using Norma brass.

Well, interestingly… That ammo was absolutely made wrong…

IMG_0265.jpeg

because there is no way that it’s supposed to be going that slow and that makes me wonder if they loaded it wrong or if they use the wrong powder…

Makes more sense that they used too small a charge. Given the fact the weapon didn’t blow up in my face… But a small charge of the wrong powder would probably not blow that rifle up in my face..

• Wow
    Reactions: Gentleman4561
    I guess it's official.... it's Copper Crap Cartridge Company.... as they never got back to me... and don't answer the phone.

@CopperCreekAmmo

If you care….

Maybe you can save a little face here.

Not a good look though!

Havent chrono’d it yet, and got 100 rds of CC ammo for less than cost of new Lapua SRap brass, bullets, and primers for me.
    2 groups shot.
    .278” and .251”
    Chrono it soon, will update.
    Gonna suck if it is 140 Bergers at 2300 fps…..

Hey guys, sorry, I do not use the forum much anymore. To the OP, i appreciate you bringing this to my attention. I checked my PM's, our email, and website contact history and didn't find any mentions of this problem. Give us a call at 573-321-4210 so we can figure out what went wrong here and get you the correct ammunition you ordered. Obviously i can't find your order via your Hide username.... Sorry for the trouble, we will make it right!

Reactions: DIBBS
    Left a voicemail message...

Order details Order number: 59332
    Purchase date: 04/18/2023
    300 Winchester Magnum 225gr Hornady ELD-M × 2 300 Winchester Magnum 225gr Hornady ELD-M :: 300wm-brass = norma

I've previously sent emails to Copper Creek Cartridge Co <[email protected]>, and left voicemails.

Update to the whole Coppercreek, part of the saga:

I was eventually contacted, and I returned the ammo (that was left).

A complete and total turnaround with the replacement ammo.

It’s Peterson brass and pretty much the same hole at 100 yards.

IMG_1731.jpeg

…. and it’s 400 ft./s faster which is what a pretty much should be.

Update to the whole Coppercreek, part of the saga:

I was eventually contacted, and I returned the ammo (that was left).

A complete and total turnaround with the replacement ammo.

It’s Peterson brass and pretty much the same hole at 100 yards.

View attachment 8366260

…. and it’s 400 ft./s faster which is what a pretty much should be.
    Did they give you any indication of why this happened?

Nope.

What’s interesting to note is that at that velocity those bullets would stay supersonic past 2000 yards at sea level?

With a 1:10 300WM 26” BBL w/ SAAMI chamber, that’s a hell of a round.

It’s also a shit ton less expensive than copper solids….

Nope.

What’s interesting to note is that at that velocity those bullets would stay supersonic past 2000 yards at sea level?

With a 1:10 300WM 26” BBL w/ SAAMI chamber, that’s a hell of a round.

It’s also a shit ton less expensive than copper solids….
    I'd rather shoot my 338 LM. Much different recoil pulse and faster

Wonder what powder he is running as that’s pretty much what I’m getting with 74.7gr H1000 in my 26” Proof Barrel in Hornady Brass.

IMG_0248.jpeg

CC 6.5 creedmoor ammo was 200 fps slow for me compared to my own hand loads. It was very consistent though. I pulled them, ditched the powder, and reused the components with my normal charge.

I find my 65CM 147ELDMs are supersonic out to 1500-1600 yards. I’ll see if I can pull up some picture of data….