• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.300wm Factory Ammo with best results

Gungnir Precision

Private
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2018
The .300wm will be back from Brad over at performance guns in Utah soon so i am interested in hearing what type of results anyone has had with factory ammo only out of their .300wm. I have left the reloading bench and traded it in for the wheel of a pickup truck, meaning i spend too much time on the road and i am limited to factory ammo for the time being. Looking for a good combination of velocity and BC, not necessarily just a heavy pill. Any experiences are welcome. Of, course i will do my own testing on different lots for this rifles preference, but id like to hear what you guys have had experience with before i get going! thanks

Before I got my reloading room set up I use FGMM 190gr SMK'S shot well very accurate. I would look at the Hornady ELD-M 195gr cause if they shot any thing like the 140 ELD-M 6.5 CM you will be good to go.

Reactions: Gungnir Precision
Federal gold 190 grain is very accurate and fast ammo. In my 26" Ai Awm factory barrel it's doing 3165 fps !

As said before the federal 190 is a standard. Classic shape sierra bullet so it shoots well in almost every gun.
Pushed well past 1000 as well
I picked up some RWS elite which uses 200gr smks (or a exact copy). Those shot very very well in my ax.
Plus I had RWS brass to play with it I wanted.
Hunting wise I find factory nos accubond 180's shoot very well and hold the exact same zero at 100 as the 190 federal in my 2 win mags.
I'm like you I reload less and less as the family takes up more and more time.

The only factory match ammo I have used is the FGMM 190 SMK, they were pretty good around or slightly better than MOA.
I've used my 300WM mostly for hunting and have found the Winchester Supreme 180 BST to shoot very well and the Nosler Custom grade with 180 AB to shoot better than any match ammo I have ever purchased in any caliber.
Actually I still havent bested the Nosler Custom with my reloads.

i got a few boxes of the abm 230g (now berger i think) for my BIL as a bday present and now he's hooked on them. awesome b.c. and very accurate.

I've used the ABM with 230gr since they became available, my Oby barrel seems to like em

Consider the Hornady 200 grain ELD-X. https://www.hornady.com/ammunition/rifle/300-win-mag-200-gr-eld-x-precision-hunter#!/

BC of .597 G1 and 301 G.7 Chronoed from my Remington Tactical Chassis 24" barrel at 2850 average of 10 rounds. Couple of decent videos of its capabilities.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...7BF3921942B604E6E4707BF3921942B604E&FORM=VIRE
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...1B9859AEEAD7BCACE95D1B9859AEEAD7BCA&FORM=VIRE

Yesterday I was shooting the Hornady ELD-X 200 gr at 1100 yard at 5000 ft elevation with great consistency on steel. I’m shooting them out of a 20 inch barrel getting 2920 ft/s. I’m no long range shooter by any means but I was able to hit 12x24 steel constantly with variable winds dialing only 7 mils of elevation.

I should also note I dropped an Ibex late last year at 768 yard with one shot and the round had amazing knock down power.

I have not shot the ELD math ammo although I’m curious if there is much difference. For now I’ll be sticking with the ELD-X because it has been working for me