• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300wm load dev: charge weights

V

Vandy321

Have yet to find data from anyone who's had pressure (or a node) down near 74 grains of H1000.

I fire formed with 73gr, H1000 and Berger 215s, loaded at 2.781 CBTO (.020 OTL) No pressure signs, obviously, grouped about 3/4 moa throughout seating depth test

Seeing nobody ever posts a node or pressure signs that early, can I jump up to 74.5 or 74.8 to start?

Seems to be the recipe for 215s is about 76-76.5 gr of H1000 or so at .020 OTL...

Just trying to save time, am i risking anything not starting at 73.3 or 73.5?

Lastly...with 300wm, am I wasting brass doing the initial workup at .3 gr increments? Should I go .5 gr increments to find the node and fine tune from there with .2 or .3 increments?

Thanks all.

I am doing the same workup but with 190 vlds and did it in .5 increments. Going back tomorrow with .2 increments over a 2gr spread.

I started at .005 off lands and will tweak seating depth next.

You can email Berger for data, the Hodgen site has H1000 with a 220 gr bullet (did not have 215) shows 73 min and 78 grains max. If your reloading technique is good you can load one of each charge weight and watch for pressure signs. I started at 77 gr but i am shooting 180 AB but the Nosler manual listed the range between 77 and 81 gr. Get some data from Berger or Hodgen and start low and work up. Better to shoot a few more rounds and be safe.

I did fire forming at 73. Started loading at 74...pressure at 78.5 (flattened primers, but not cratered) no sticky bolt lift. But seemed out of the high node anyways, so I stopped.

Thats with berger 215s loaded 3.585 OAL

Sounds about right, from what i am seeing others posting the range most people end up with is between 76.5-77.5

That was my high node as well. Loading 77 for seating depths