• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300WM load for a 24in. 5r barrel?

cruzie27

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2008
(570) PA.
So any one else out there with a Remington 700 5r in .300 Win Mag?

Got any load data your willing to share? There's piles of info for the 26in barrels but not too much for the 24in barrels, any help or advice would be great.

Re: 300WM load for a 24in. 5r barrel?

Why not use the same loads as starting points? 2" of barrel length will just change velocity a bit.

These loads were tested during rifle break in so I hoping they will continue to improve as the rifle gets completly to its potential but definitly impressed with 5r from remington. Still working up loads for the same rifle your talking about. I am using CCI mag primers with H4350 not the most widly used in 300wm but it is the only powder I could get my hands on at the time but it is working quite well so far. Depending on bullet weight you want to use my loads might help. I worked on 180 gr with seirra gameking laddering with .2gr incraments from 67.0 up to 69.6 gr (just over max) and ended up with half inch group at 100 (3 of them keyholed) with 69.2 gr just under hornady's max load with a COL of 3.4 inches. I currently am working up 168gr hunting loads with same powder and primer using noslers 168 gr ballistic tip from 68.8 to 71.4 gr (max load) with .2 gr incraments. With these I am at a COL of 3.51 inches and still had no problems chambering round. Hoping to get to range sometime this week or weekend to try them will let you know more if interested once I shoot them. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info,. I'll keep a eye out for the other powders.

Just went and shot some more of the 180's to sight in new scope didn't want to shoot the 168's I had loaded until sighted in but the 69.2 of H4350 with a 180 gr nosler partitions this time seemed to be a pretty good starting point for that bullet to load up more than just 5 at a time 2 shots to get scope zero'd then then 3 touching each other not too bad for having a 10 mph wind at my back. Will post results of 168's this weekend when I get done shooting them.