• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300WM... Longest Coyote Shot at 1,860-Yards on Video

Ring

Rifle Instructor
Minuteman
Dec 12, 2009
Medina, Ohio
sites.google.com
Longest Coyote Shot at 1,860-Yards on Video

The Dartman and his neighbor fire simultaneously to take down a coyote at 1,860 yards. One had a .300 Win. Mag, and the other had a .338 Lapua. Their shot data shows that the 300 made the hit. -

from the vid...

The Dartman and the neighbor take down a big o' male coyote at over a mile.

We believe the 300 made the hit. This is our shot data.

The 300 win mag - 2768 fps with 208 amax = 3.490 second time of flight.

The 338 papua- 2778 fps with 300 berger = 3.019 second time of flight.

The 338 should have hit about 0.4 seconds before the 300 and making us conclude the 300 made the kill.

more info-

300 win bullet drop @1860 yards=84.5moa or 1645 inches=137 feet of bullet drop. Energy at target-484 fp.

338 lapua @1860yards=65 moa or 1266 inches=105 feet of bullet drop. Energy at target-1012 fp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q2ZMTZxHxo

Not seeing the video. Might be something wrong on my end as I'm at work. Would love to see it.

I don't see how you guys found/spotted that guy. That is amazing to me in itself.

Great Shooting!!!! Thats an incredibly small target at that range.

BTW, what video camera did you use to shoot the video of the 1860 yard coyote shot?

Last edited:
It's funny this thread should pop up. I was watching it just this morning. I noticed in the "slowmow" how flat the 208 amax seemed to be. Maybe my eyes were fooling me but who gives a darn. That shot was INCREDIBLE!!!

Another thought.... That's probably getting close to 3 seconds of flight time. I don't know about the coyotes there, but here in MS they are always moving. Just think about how much a PERSON can move in 3 seconds... All the variables in a shot like that.... CRAZY!!

Absolutely Amazing !!!! The Holly Grail of Coyote shooting. I thought I had a good day when I got my first triple, but this, this is frigging fantastic. I'd be wearing a shit eating grin from ear to ear. NICE SHOT.

I saw this video a while back just surfing long range coyote shots. They have make some incredible shots that they have on film. I would love the opportunity to give that a try with a
7mm RM. He said the bullet flight time was about 3.4 seconds. Incredible!

Good shot, looks alot like my favorite dog, had her 16 years...They make great pets. how much windage was needed, I could hear wind. Also what type reticle? Thank You.