• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.300WM Military Brass?

Virgin brass?
Once fired brass from other rifle?
Loaded ammo that you fired from your rifle and now want to reload?

Case capacity is slightly less, you'll want to adjust powder charge accordingly.

If once fired brass from other rifle, you'll want to measure diameter just above belt as many times the case is swelled and will require a collet type sizer to allow reducing diameter enough to fit into chamber in your rifle. Really going to depend on chamber of rifle it was fired from and how hot that load was in said chamber.

Generally speaking, good brass and it will serve you well.

The only difference between military 300 WM brass and civilian 300 win mag bras is the headstamp. Either Federal, or Winchester, there is no weight difference between it and its civilian counterpart.

How do I know? This is all FC 07 mk248 Mod 0 brass and it is exactly the same weight as the gold medal match brass coming off Federal's line.

photo.JPG

I have several pieces of Winchester military brass. The military stuff shoots the best of everything I have. I also have Lapua and RWS. My standard load is 240 grain Sierras over Federal 215M and 68.0 grains of IMR 7828. That load works perfectly in the military brass -- about 2680 fps. The RWS brass is heavier (I put that down to a denser brass compound) but the volume is close the same, I reduce the charge to 67.7. Mil, RWS, Lapua -- they all shoot into the same group out to 500 meters.

The Lapua brass was made by Norma...

Just an FYI, the two are interchangeable load wise.

The only difference between military 300 WM brass and civilian 300 win mag bras is the headstamp. Either Federal, or Winchester, there is no weight difference between it and its civilian counterpart.

How do I know? This is all FC 07 mk248 Mod 0 brass and it is exactly the same weight as the gold medal match brass coming off Federal's line.

View attachment 41341

i hate you. . . . :) nice find.

i hate you. . . . nice find.

Last year when 223 and 308 ammo was non-existent a guy I knew won a couple of those government auctions and these were mixed with the 308 brass he got.

I bought them by the pound, ended up with just over 3000 of them, paid about .15 each. 2500 ish of them were FC 07 and there were about 500ish made by Winchester. Every single one of them was perfect and 100% reloadable.

It was an AWESOME score.

The MK248 mod 0 is the only duty ammo that I know of that the military uses that does not have a crimped primer... Well I take that back, that 308 LC LR ammo does not have a crimped primer....

Last edited: