• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes .300WM Optics Choice help

BOHEMION

Private
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2009
Australia
Hi Guys, Long time reader, 1st time writer.

I have a HOWA M1500 in .300WM that I am building on and am needing some suggestions on scope choice. I need something which will with-stand the .300WM all day, practical for field use and be some what competitive for the odd comps at the local club. Price limit is $1800AUD so about $1500USD

Brands that are available at my prefered gun shop are, Nightforce, Bushnell, Burris, Weaver, Sightron and Zeiss.

Mil dot preferable or any other suggestions with options for the above brands?

Cheers!

Re: .300WM Optics Choice help

Hi
I first had an IOR (I really like the MP8 recticle)on my 300.WM but then switched to Nightforce with turrets in mil. Both are great scopes.

For your price range and choices...go with NF.

I would pick your flavor in the Zeiss line. They are all recoil tested to 1500 g's @ 1 milisecond. This is multidirectional testing and is far more recoil resistant than other brands.

Can they be shot and keep working like the Nightforce?
Bullethole-scope.gif

Not sure about G testing but the Nightforce scopes are plenty tough. A 5.5-22x50 in mil/mil would be a nice scope on a 300WM.

Thanks Rob, you beat me to it. +1 on the mil/mil, I have a 5.5-22 mil/MLR zero stop & it's a hell of a scope!

If USO is a no go, then look at the 6500 series Bushnell. I tried a 2.5X16 Tactical and if I could get it with a MOA retical I would.

Thanks for the reply guys. If I could import a USO what should I be looking at?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B0HEMI0N</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> If I could import a USO what should I be looking at?</div></div>

A Nightforce.
wink.gif

Extend yourself another $200 and get a Nightforce scope seen them in AU for just over $2000. repair and CS for nightforce scopes are a breeze in Australia unlike other brands

Get a Nightforce! If you get a mil turret get the MLR reticle.
If you get a MOA turret get the NP-R1 reticle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: thunder1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">repair and CS for nightforce scopes are a breeze in Australia unlike other brands </div></div>

Valuable Point! Thanks mate

Thanks for taking the time to reply guys and the reticle suggestion. I'll check it out tomorrow.

Cheers!