• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300wm projectile swap

SSW7

Private
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2007
I have some factory Norma 300winmag ammo with 178gr soft point projectiles. I was wondering if it would be ok to pull and reseat them with 190gr Nolser custom comp projectiles.

If anyone thinks that's potently a bad idea... let me know.

I would recommend adjusting the powder charge, and potentially the powder type since the factory powder is probably non-canister. After saying that, shoot them and reload.

Dump the powder, and use a collet die to adjust the neck tension back. Prime charge load and shoot!

OK, thinking about discarding the powder and starting again...or I could go out and just shoot them, got about 100.

just shoot them up and reload with whatever you want, pulling 100 bullets sucks sooo much.
cheers.

Not worth it.

If you don't have good collet die you will have to pull...dump powder, remove decapping rod, resize (hope not to lube inside), reduce charge, put powder back in, seat bullet.

Yuck