• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SOLD 300wm, Stiller, Bartlein, McMillan - Roberts Precision built

Slowshot18

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 8, 2018
Houston, TX
Up for sale is my 300win, chambered and assembled by Aaron Roberts, of Robert's Precision Rifles.
Build details:
300wm.jpg

• Stiller Predator, long action with 20 MOA rail, cerakoted
  • Bartlein MTU (I think) contour barrel, approximately 26" in length, cerakoted. 5/8x24 muzzle threads. 1:10tw. SAAMI chamber. OAL of a loaded case with .030" jump is approximately 3.52" with a 212 ELDX.
  • Wyatt's outdoors MBE-02 box mag with mag follower
  • Hawkins Oberndorf bottom metal
  • Timney trigger
  • McMillan Adjustable Game Warden. Pillar bedded by Aaron. Stock was originally black with grey speckles. I added my own krylon paint job that has clear coat over it. Has two flush cups and will come with the pic rail. There was an arca plate but it has been removed.
  • Use/performance:
    • Has 524 rounds down the tube. When it was brand new, I ran a box of factory Hornady precision hunters through it. The factory 200gr eldx ammo was shooting approximately 2950 fps, before the barrel sped up. After that box, the gun has had a steady diet of handloads consisting of 212 ELDXs + RL 23. My go to load had a MV of 3030 fps. It can be ran much hotter, but brass life will suffer.
    • This gun has always been a tack driver. I learned how to shoot out to 1k with it. I cannot find all of my targets but I do have one that consists of shots #6, 7, and 8 through the tube with factory ammo.
  • wm target.jpg
    • Weight with the stock+BA+bottom metal: 10 lbs 11 oz
  • 300wm weight.jpg

Also included in the sale is a Proof Sendero 26" 1:8 tw chambered in 28 nosler by Evolved Ballistics, for this Stiller action. I would swap the barrels myself. The chamber was cut based upon a dummy round with an OAL of 3.6" with 180gr ELDMs. Muzzle threaded, 5/8 x 24.
28-nos.jpg

• The 28 barrel has 234 rounds through it consisting of all handloads with 180 ELDMs, 177 hammer hunters, 180 Hybrids, propelled by VV N570.
    • 180 eldms were shooting great during break it. After I finished my first box of 100, they started blowing up on the second box. This was either due to speed, the different lot #, or the barrel. Hornady said I was spinning them at too high of RPM. Settled on a great load during break in that was around 3080 fps
    • 177 HH were lights out. Great grouping and a half grain below slight pressure signs were noticed (faint ejector prints)
    • 28 target.jpg
    • 180 Hybrids: These shot great out of this gun. Found a good load that was around or just under 1/2" at 100 yards. Velocity was at 3050 fps. This was also approximately 1/2 grain under slight pressure (faint ejector mark).
    • Weight of the BA+Stock+bottom metal: 8lbs 4oz
    • 28 nos weight.jpg
I'll be getting out of the 28 nosler game all together. Also included in the sale is a Forster Micro Seater die and Whidden full length bushing click sizer die with two redding bushing. I'm not looking to split the items, selling altogether. There is over $5k spent on the entire package. I'm selling to fund other projects and I've gravitated to rifles that have no longer than 22" barrels, as all are used for hunting.
Scope, rings, muzzle brake/caps, bipods not included in the sale.

For the entire package, I'm asking $3,800, $3,500 $3,200 shipped and insured CONUS to your FFL. The FFL must accept transfers from an individual. If you're local to the Houston area, I'll be willing to meet at an FFL and make you a better deal FTF. I accept paypal F&F or you pay the fees.
Trades/partial trades:
  • Bighorn Origin action, short or long
  • KRG Bravo, short or long
  • Bartlein or Benchmark Carbon blanks
    • .30 cal:
      • 1:9 or 1:10, 22" long
    • .264 cal:
      • 1:7.5 or 1.8, 18" or 20" long
  • McMillan stock in McWoody patern for R700 LA
  • R700 LA magnum factory bolt
  • Manners MCH LRH for Bighorn Origin
  • Redding T7 Turret Press
bolt.jpg

Stock.jpg

stock-2.jpg

stock-3.jpg

Last edited:
Free bump for a hammer of a rifle. I’ve spotted tons of rounds flung by this thing and it’s a damn laser beam. Owner has TONS of spreadsheets of data from load development and testing, buy with confidence.

Reactions: Slowshot18