• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300WSM barrel build ?

popapi

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2008
Oklahoma City, Ok
Guys having a hard time trying to figure which barrel to go with on this build. I'll be shooting bullets from 185 to 230 grains so the twist will be a 1-10 just thinking should I go with a Schneider 4 at 25"s or a Barlein 3 heavy at 25"s(same as a Krieger #4 through Schneider). Which one would you go with and why??? Although time isn't the problem I can get a Schneider in 6-8 weeks or a Bartlein in 4-6 months.......thanks in advance!!!!

Last edited:
I am on the same path, building a 300wsm and have a Bartlein 1:10 #3 fluted in the safe. plenty of meat for a hunting rifle.
will finish at 25". I plan on shooting the 180-190 class bullets. have ordered a McM Hunter in edge fill.
Action is the Defiance Rebel XM which is also tucked away.
Weight goal is a 7.5 lb +/- . APA will put it together.

Yes it is.
Internal box goes 3.2 but I doubt I will need it all.
Bought their bottom metal too as the hole spacing is proprietary on that action and BDL metal won't fit.

Last edited:
Ok!!! Will be doing mine on a long mag action so the heavies can be seated out a bit!!!! Good luck on your build Hutch!!!

Good luck to you sir. We can compare builds sometime in February I suppose...lol.