• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300wsm barrel life?

I am not certain, but I’d say probably 12-1500 rounds? I think that’s usually what is quoted for 300 wm, and wsm is pretty much identical in case capacity

Reactions: Joko111
Depends on barrel and your expectations. And your reloading and shooting tendency.

On what, subsonics, and 2" grouping ? Thats crazy good life.

A 7mm Rem Mag Bartlein shoots .5 MOA for 2000 rounds and then starts to do crazy shit. I’m well past that in my 300WM, around 2500, and it’s maintaining accuracy, although not as good as when it was new, 0-1000. A 300WSM should last longer than the 300WM, obviously.

Now if you shoot like a retard then you’ll fry your barrel more quickly.

Reactions: iceng and Joko111
A 7mm Rem Mag Bartlein shoots .5 MOA for 2000 rounds and then starts to do crazy shit. I’m well past that in my 300WM, around 2500, and it’s maintaining accuracy, although not as good as when it was new, 0-1000. A 300WSM should last longer than the 300WM, obviously.

Now if you shoot like a retard then you’ll fry your barrel more quickly.
Okay I will avoid shooting like a retard then👍 thanks! I heard some people saying only a bit above 1k so good to hear

Heat kills barrels. Thats the biggest one ive found. Personally 1800-2200 rounds on wsm is fine if you dont compete in a range day comp with it. "Normal" hunting and light plinking.

Reactions: Joko111