• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300WSM build on a short acton ?.............HELP!!!!

popapi

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2008
Oklahoma City, Ok
Guys trying to put this build together on a Pierce Ti SA and using a HS DBM. My question is for those that have a 300WSM in a short action could you guys get to the lands with the long bullets such as the 208 AMAX's, and big(long) Berger's with your DBM's, or will I be limited as per COAL for the HS DBM. Was thinking about this route instead of using a long action. Thanks in advance!!!!!

Last edited:
I have built my last short action rig period

regardless of cal long action offers way more versatility, all my future builds will be long action based

Well how's it throated? The HS DBM should give you at least 2.900" of COAL latitude, correct?

If you throat it to be able to kiss the 208 at mag length, rest assured that every bullet with a shorter ogive will also hit lands from within the box.... I'd make up a few dummies that are like .020-.030" short of your max mag length and have it throated accordingly.