• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors 300wsm Can?

ejd049

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2007
Ft Worth, Texas
Can anybody recommend a can for a 300wsm? I am running a Badger FTE on it so I need a thread on. I am currently looking at a YHM 762.

Thanks

Re: 300wsm Can?

Since you are up in the Fort Worth area, you should give David a call over at Shark Suppressors. I believe he is over in the north Dallas/Plano area.

-pd

I shot beside a guy shooting a 300wsm last Saturday and he was running a TBAC 30P-1. I was pleasantly surprised how well the can performed, it was very pleasant with no hearing protection on.

an older shark.....superior by design
MVC-018F-1.jpg

I have a 300WM I run with both a 30P-1 and a YHM Phantom 7.62, both thread-on. The YHM is a good can at a low price, but mine is heavy as balls. The Thunderbeast is superior in almost every possible way, not least of which is being about half the weight of the YH can.

I see more POI shift with the YHM than I do with the 30P-1, but POI shift is consistent with both. I cannot say either is quieter (never have metered either) but the sound of the 30P-1 is, to me at least, preferable. (Though I'll be the first to admit it might be a bias based on paying 2X for the 30P-1 than I did for the YHM can.)

Both cans take allot out of the recoil and noise, making a relatively light weight 300WM pleasant to shoot.

Call David at Shark Suppressors.

Excellent performance.

Excellent customer service, he will create a solution for YOU.

Excellent design, built for exceptional strength and durability.

User serviceable which is nice for cleaning but is also leaves open the possibility of an easy upgrade to the internals at some point in the future if a better design is brought forth.

His design allows for MANY mounting options...discuss with him for details and possibilities...

My 338 JAWS can has just been received at my local Class III dealer and I expect to be submitting ATF paperwork by early next week when he gets back in town.