• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

308 168gn Match Monster vs MK ??

Southernspeed

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2018
I’m using MKs but they’re hard to get ahold of right now so am considering the Nosler MMs. Has anyone used both and have an opinion?
My load is perfect with MKs, will MMS be a straight swap? I think they have the same BC?

I first hand experience but the midsouth match monsters should just be rebranded custom comps
I wouldn’t expect them to be the exact same but should be darn close

You should try some of the 168 ELD-Ms. A much higher BC than the 168 SMK and still accurate.

Reactions: Charlie112
You should try some of the 168 ELD-Ms. A much higher BC than the 168 SMK and still accurate.

Yeah I have to admit, I’ve used ELD-Ms for 6.5cm for years exclusively and am very happy with them out to 1000yds ( furthest I shoot) so I may give them a try. MM bulk buy from midsouth has a nicer price but they’re unknown to me.

Yeah I have to admit, I’ve used ELD-Ms for 6.5cm for years exclusively and am very happy with them out to 1000yds ( furthest I shoot) so I may give them a try. MM bulk buy from midsouth has a nicer price but they’re unknown to me.

Those 168 ELD-Ms will work great to 1000 also. I have shot them to 1250 yards in matches. The extra BC and ability to go transonic and stay stable is helpful when going longer.

So you pay more for a lesser bullet? Think about that. ;)

So you pay more for a lesser bullet? Think about that. ;)
I know I know but , it’s taken a lot of effort to get my SFAR to shoot well, and it’s shooting really well with the MKs. I may experiment with ELD-Ms in the future as I KNOW they’re a great projectile, but for the moment, the SFAR has been a serious challenge and has just reached the ‘front of safe’ status so I’ll stick to what I know for now.

Reactions: lash and Rob01
I know I know but , it’s taken a lot of effort to get my SFAR to shoot well, and it’s shooting really well with the MKs. I may experiment with ELD-Ms in the future as I KNOW they’re a great projectile, but for the moment, the SFAR has been a serious challenge and has just reached the ‘front of safe’ status so I’ll stick to what I know for now.

Yeah that's understandable. Might as well stick with what works. Make life easier that way and I am about easy. LOL

Yeah that's understandable. Might as well stick with what works. Make life easier that way and I am about easy. LOL
In these times of limited availability of components (especially large rifle primers) you study long and hard about starting with something new.

My wife's .308 shoots the 175 SMK really well. I've considered trying the 169's but it's hard to appropriate powder and primers to load testing something new. We have plenty of both, but that little voice...

Mike