• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

308 175gr FMJBT sniper projectiles from Wideners

robertdr

Private
Minuteman
Oct 3, 2007
Katy, Texas
Anyone have any range reports on the 308 175gr FMJBT sniper projectiles the Wideners sales? Are they accurate? Any load data.

Thanks
Robert

Re: 308 175gr FMJBT sniper projectiles from Wideners

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmg308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look elsewhere. </div></div>

I am thinking of getting some myself.

What does you statement mean? Tells me nothing.

From what I've read they are just what they say "mil-spec" bullets. I haven't seen anyone post yet that they are as accurate as SMK's but it all depends on what you want to use them for.

I bought 500 of the 168's and they arn't worth a shit. They are all over the board in terms of weight and they are badly dinged up. I sorted them by weight loaded them with my standard 168g 308 load, 42g RL15 and they printed groups from .75-1.5". My 700 normally shoots in the .3's with SMK's. These are not match bullets. I loaded the rest of them up to fire form my Lapua brass and also let my friends shoot them on their rifles.

I looked at those, something about them just doesnt sound right.

My experience with the 168s has been positive. They shoot MOA or less in my rifle, and they are accurate at 600 yards as well.

My friend shot 170 or so out of 200 with them at 600 yards out of his 1 in 10 barreled DPMS LR-308.

The 168s are a HPBT type bullet. The 175s are a FMJBT. I'm inclined to think that the 175s will never shoot long range as a result.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold"> The 175s are a FMJBT. I'm inclined to think that the 175s will never shoot long range as a result. </span> </div></div>

Why?..............no hollow point will prevent it...........crappy quality will. M118 Ball Match ( no HP's) shot to 1k for years.........Usually MOA at best though.......but that was due to crappy bullet mfg, to begin with.

These are made likely in Serbia, and the results of their MATCH ammo at reduced pices, has been less than stellar.