• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

308 175MK Come Ups from 1000 to 1300?

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2007
Glacier Valley Alaska
Anybody have on paper the come ups, did search google and the Hide and nothing but electronic programs, not the numbers, looking for just the numbers to start thinking before break up this year and to get me close so I can work out the specifics for myself later.

Thanks

Re: 308 175MK Come Ups from 1000 to 1300?

Those numbers are based on velocity, temp, air pressure, humidity, wind.
When you know all of those, you can run the numbers yourself.

Without them, one would have to give every possible combination.....and that would likely be more data than you want to sift through.

Very true, or, just give it to him at Standard Metro and sea level and let him do the local corrections when he gets that far with it:
At an MV of 2,600: another 26 moa between 1k and 1,300 . . .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: E.Shell</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very true, or, just give it to him at Standard Metro and sea level and let him do the local corrections when he gets that far with it:
At an MV of 2,600: another 26 moa between 1k and 1,300 . . . </div></div>

Thanks, I had more than 26moa.

I was simply asking for 6 numbers for a starting reference point and to verify that I thought someone would have available, everything I found stops at 1k.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 45.308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anybody have on paper the come ups, did search google and the Hide and nothing but electronic programs, not the numbers, looking for just the numbers to start thinking before break up this year and to get me close so I can work out the specifics for myself later.

Thanks

</div></div>

an alterantive option is to run it through the ballistic software. It will tell exactly how many MOAs. Here is a link

http://www.eskimo.com/~jbm/cgi-bin/jbmtraj-5.0.cgi

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 45.308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anybody have on paper the come ups, did search google and the Hide and nothing but electronic programs, not the numbers, looking for just the numbers to start thinking before break up this year and to get me close so I can work out the specifics for myself later.

Thanks

</div></div>

an alterantive option is to run it through the ballistic software. It will tell exactly how many MOAs. Here is a link

http://www.eskimo.com/~jbm/cgi-bin/jbmtraj-5.0.cgi
</div></div>

I have 2 words for me, Stup and id. Been looking here and could not find out how to get it past 1k. Too many pull downs and beta input for an old, hands on paper guy like me.

Still have no idea what some of it is but I found the most important, pull down for 1000-1300 yards

We both qualify for that designation.
laugh.gif

Post velocity, Temp and Altitude and someone will run them and post it back I'm sure. An inch drop in barometric pressure will change the air density for STP @ elevation enough to account for about 1000ft elevation change, but you will be close enough to get back on target and record conditions/dope.

AT home, 4,000ft 56deg. 2,750mv. 175gr. I use 66moa from 100yd
zero.... for 1,475 yds. Jim

Post a few specifics and I'll run it on a program for ya'.
Temp
Altitude
Bullet weight
Velocity
Twist rate
Favorite color
Etc...

Scott: That's a nice offer.

However, he would be better off learning to do his own. The ability to run a ballistic calculator is an essential tool for the long-range precision marksman.

Here's the link to JBM:

JBM Ballistics

308 with a 175 to 1300 yards????

Have you run your rounds over a chrono yet?

You may suffer a lack of fuel in the pipe for the trip !!

You may be at higher elev' in alaska but the coreolis close to the pole coupled with your spin drift...... what if it is a cold day out ( I believe most days in alaska are cold ?? )

USE JBM program linked above and look at the speed of sound.

Thanks all, I have an inquiring mind on the range is all and with nothing to do I was thinking about this summer. I hope to get out on the tundra and just see how far my skills will go, 1300 popped into my mushy mellon and was looking for an easy way for the come ups. With the JBM for quite sometime, I saw range 0-3000(1000) and just did not think to type in something longer than 1000. Figuring it out now.

Thanks again and wish me luck someday