• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report .308 19" inch barrel with ops inc suppressor

Dsparil

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2006
Albrightsville, PA
would this be able to simulate the performance of a .308 with 20" bbl? it's an ops inc 3rd model suppressor on a mike rock 5R stainless barrel. it's 22" right now but there's just wayyyy too much weight on this rifle. Gonna be running 175s to 800 yards and maybe a little bit further. I know 175s will do 1,000 yards easily out of a 20 inch, that's why I ask.

ETA: I mean Federal 175gr FGMM

Re: .308 19" inch barrel with ops inc suppressor

I run 18.5" with a 10 twist and 155 scenars at 2800FPS with a AAC 7.62SD and it stays sonic past 1k.

I thought about trying some 175's or better to see what they do,But what i have now works well for me in my comfort zone .I think it would be fine with 175's and dont feel i would have any suprises if I worked a load for them.

I would cut it and dont look back..

Re: .308 19" inch barrel with ops inc suppressor

cool thanks for the input. yeah i'm setting the rifle up around 175s. it's currently 22" and im going to go do some shooting in a week to try and break it in.