• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

308 ammo questions

gunnut284

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2008
Orlando, FL
I was recently given a couple boxes of various .308 ammo and am wondering if they are worth using.

The first two boxes are of some older (red/white box) Federal 308M (doesn't say Gold Medal, just Match). I usually shoot FGMM, is this going to be the same stuff?

Then there are four boxes of Remington, two of 168g BTHP Match (R308W7) and two of 165g Extended Range BT (ER308WA). Will they shoot similar to the FGMM or should I sell them for whatever I can get and buy more FGMM?

Last, 6rds of Magsafe .308 94g "SWAT Team Sniper", worth shooting for the heck of it or should I pull the bullets and throw the cases in the pile for when I start reloading.
Pic of it all:
IMG_2413-1.jpg

IMG_2417-2.jpg

Re: 308 ammo questions

Im sure your rifle wont protest you shooting some factory rounds thru it. Go shoot some beer cans or tannerite with that stuff. Enjoy it, its free stress relief.

Shoot it all...it will run just fine. That said, I have never seen the MagSafe crap work very well out of the couple of rifles I have shot it from. It is 3MOA ammo and for use in shorter-range situations where overpenetration/collateral damage is a concern.

That stuff is not safe send it to me for proper disposal..
Seriously shoot it up as long as its not corroded badly....