• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

308 ammo

T-Hoe

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 25, 2010
Marion, IL
I have found some 308 ammo for sale from a guy that has been stored for some time. I was needing to know if it is a very accurate loading, and what would be a fair price? There is 460 rds, it is marked 7.62 nato m118 LC match 173 grn bullet at 2550 mv. Lake city army ammunition plant (60-25) It is stored in a 50 cal ammo box. I opened one box and it appears to be in good condition.

Re: 308 ammo

Sorry, I may have put this post in the wrong place, I also meant to add this would be shot in a m1a.

I've shot tons of the old M118. It's crap if you're looking for LR performance, especially in comparison to both 168gr and 175gr SMKs. If it wasn't a significant bargain (<.60/round), I wouldn't bother.

I'll put it this way on it's performance, in USMC sniper school, failure to qualify USED to be the #1 reason to wash out until we got M118LR with the 175 SMKs. After we picked it up, failure to qualify was reduced to near zero. The stuff is barely one step above machine gun grade.

Thank you for the info, I did not know much about this ammo. I thought I had possibly found a sleeper of a deal.