• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.308 AR rifles are all the charge handles the same

Re: .308 AR rifles are all the charge handles the same

Do you want to know if they all fit the same, or are they different? There are a few different styles and manufacurers, but an AR10 charging handle should fit any AR10.

No. There is no "standard" .308 AR like there is with the AR15.

Some MAY interchange, but some wont.

Is there some specific cross-compatibility you are wondering about?

An AR10 is made by Armalite. All Armalite AR10 charging handles are the same. Outside of Armalite, there's no standard, like Lone Wolf said.

Sorry, these guys are right. I misread your title and thought you were asking specificly about ar-10's.

And AR-10 should fit an AR-10. An LR-308 should fit and LR-308.

I am just came across and sr-25 with no charge handle and wonder whose might work with this platform.

TIA

A DPMS would work.....I think.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Airone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ar15.COM has a good thread showing the differences between the
AR10 and other manufactures of the 308 Gas guns out there.

There is a lot of good info as you read through the post.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=62&t=378850
</div></div>

This thread is from an Armalite owners point of View.

Armalite mostly won't let anyone else use thier design, Noveske is the only other that i know of.
RRA has their own design that is a revision of the old Bushmaster. It is fairly new and RRA exclusive

DPMS is the main format others are compatible with. Most 308 AR stuff that is not RRA or Armalite is of this pattern and will interchange.