• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

308 bolt action rifle muzzle brake on AR10

eric1911

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 29, 2020
Why these popular bolt action rifle muzzle brakes, such as Area 419 Hellfire, Heathen, Little baster, are not commonly found on AR10?
I changed my PRS bolt action rifle from 308 to 6mm, so I have a .30 cal Hellfire leftover.
Is it a good idea to use it for a new AR10 build?
The new AR10 build is NOT for long-range shooting

I’m using an A419 2 port break on my LMT MWS and my 300BLK pistol so I can use my SAS Arbiter on both along with my bolt guns.

I run a Hellfire on my AR-10 with no complaints from me. Now the guys beside me bitch about the muzzle blast but oh well.

Ran the same brake on my bolt guns, and gassers. Only difference is mags get 3 port (6 slots) and all the rest get the standard 2 port (4 slot). Hadn't run them without, but they really take the recoil down even further

Could have left the .30 brake on your 6mm but now that it's off you can easily run it on a gas gun.

Reactions: rijndael
I’m gonna put a hellfire match on my ar15 just for fun…. See how it performs in a club 2 gun match 🤣

IMHO a Gen 3 Bastard is the way to go, the ability to tune to the stick, and you is why

Why these popular bolt action rifle muzzle brakes, such as Area 419 Hellfire, Heathen, Little baster, are not commonly found on AR10?

Because gun people derp. 99% of what gun people do is monkey see monkey do without thinking.

The rifle doesn't give a shit what the brake was "made for". Screw it on and go for it.

Reactions: AMGtuned