• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

308 Bolt Catch Problem

cpmiller22

Private
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2013
Hi all-

I just finished building my DPMS pattern 308 and I noticed that the bolt is not locking open when the magazine is empty. I have a standard 308 lower parts kit and a 10 round DPMS magazine. If I pull back on the charging handle, and press on the bottom of the bolt catch sometimes the bolt will stay open, but closes as soon as I take pressure off of the bolt catch. The magazine has a plastic feed table that seems to sometime sit at an odd angle, so I'm wondering if its just a problem with the magazine?

*** Just realized I posted in the wrong section. Please disregard this post and I will re-post in the semi-automatic section. Sorry!

Last edited:
This is the bolt action forum not the semi auto forum. You might want to ask a moderator to move it to the correct forum or try reporting in that section.

Who manufactured the BCG your using?