• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.308 brass and large primers

Re: .308 brass and large primers

I picked up some Winchester .308 brass at Cabela's last week and if it is out of stock now they get regular shipments and have short backorders. Fed 210s have been in short supply for a long time but if you don't mind paying someone 4-5x what they paid for them there is always gunbroker.

NOPE, no one has any that I can find..........
I'm lucky in that I was just given a full 5 gal bucket of .308 FGMM once fired brass thanks to some of "Uncles" misguided children that are friends of mine.
If you find anything post it up for us.
Respectfully,
LG

Just ran 30 rounds of barnes 150's with win mag primers through the ar10 and
showed pressure signs about 3 tenths of a grain lower than with standard rifle
primers using imr 4895. 40.5 grains was it best load.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bigwheeler</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Just ran 30 rounds of barnes 150's with win mag primers through the ar10 and
showed pressure signs about 3 tenths of a grain lower than with standard rifle
primers using imr 4895. 40.5 grains was it best load. </div></div>

Was it a true AR10, or a DMPS?

I, and two friends all have .308s from DPMS and can't seem to get close to max.

I've even had "factory" ammo blow primers out!

AR10T, a little tighter chamber and I was running LC brass. Velocities were a little
wild, 2559 to 2616, 9/16 group , one shot came in at 2503 and opened it up to
1 1/8. I just shot a round robin looking for a new load. Highest speeds without pressure signs were 2688 with 42 grains of powder. A looser chamber will drop
pressures and speed significantly.
Just a thought, if you are running 308 instead of nato loads, that may be your
problem.