• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

308 Build List - Open to Feedback

bgrav321

Private
Minuteman
Jul 28, 2017
Long time AR15 shooter, and bolt gun shooter. I'm looking at building a 308. I've done some research on different parts, etc and also looked at what some companies put in their complete rifles for guidance. I'm sorry if the below format doesn't make sense to you, I'm trying to look at a total "on paper" cost vs what I'm going to have to pay. A few points:

- I'm pretty set on a 16 inch barrel. I have a 6MM bolt gun for gaming/1K+, this isn't a gamer gun. I am well aware that you can get more velocity with a longer barrel.
- Will be run pretty much 100% suppressed with an Omega. Given components selected, is an adjustable gas block necessary?
- Not sure on Criterion hybrid vs heavy profile. It's about 10-11 oz difference.
- I do want a handy and somewhat portable gun. Not a benchrest rig
- Needs to do MOA or better. I don't expect a bolt gun.
- Will likely hunt (southeastern US) and occasional tac precision match
- Needs to be reliable...seen way too many 308 "builds" choke at the range
- The gun that seems to be closest in components to what I'm looking at is an ADM UIC 10 (Lantac BCG, G trigger, Criterion Barrel).

EDIT - I thought I had buffer etc already, i don't. Suggestions for this?

ComponentEstimatedActual
Aero Assembled Upper170170
Lantac BCG350350
Stripped Aero Lower (sale)158158
Aero LPK5555
Trigger (Geissele sale or CMC)160160
Magpul Bipod105Owned
Silencerco ASR Mount80Owned
Criterion Hybrid OR Heavy Barrel305305
Gas Block2525
Gas Tube2020
Aero Atlas R Handguard 15 inch240240
Vortex PST Gen 2 3-15x44 MRAD800Owned
American Defense Recon Mount190Owned
Magpul UBR200Owned
SUBTOTAL28581483

Thanks all and happy Monday!

Last edited:
I have both barrels you have listed and they are both about the same acuracy wise. I'd go with the lighter barrel. Aero Precision makes a shorter R One handguard that will save some money and weight. An Armalite AR10 spring amd H3 buffer is what I always use in 308 ARs but that requires an Armalite length receiver extension which is also the same length as the Vltor RE10, KAC, and LMT tubes. I have no experience with a UBR stock so couldn't tell you if that spring and buffer combo will work with it.

Last edited:
IIRC UBR is an A5 tube. Does that change anything for you?
Then the armalite spring and standard H3 buffer will work. The A5 tube is the same length as all the others I previously mentioned.

Get that spring while you can. They don't last long!