• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

308 components

deadly0311

Tacticool Ninja
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I was wondering what you guys are using, ie Powder, Primers, Bullets?

Also can you guys give me the actual powder, primer size or id name. Thanks in advance

Re: 308 components

Dude, look at the top of this section. I think your question might have been covered once or twice.........I'm just sayin

Boltripper, I just saved you a post.

.308 win:
Powder=Varget (44.0 grains)
Primers CCI Large Rifle (BR-2)
Bullets 175 gr Sierra Match king.

.243 Win:
Powder Reloader25
Federal Gold Medal (GM210M)
Bullets 115 grain DTAC, moly or boron nitride.

James

thanks Jasmck, to the other asshole, your input was greatly appreciated. I cant stand people like you, all i wanted to know was an honest answer and not some bullshit. But again thanks Jasmck

Mostly RL15 and IMR4064 for the 168s
little Varget

I get better V out of RL-15, needed in the 20" & 21" barrels. I've also had some issues with warm loads living in WI and shooting them in the TX summer, especially with FGMM brass when the primer pocket gets questionable. Rl-15 is a double-base powder, Varget single.

Nosler CC 168s (cheaper short-range loads)
Sierra 175SMK
Mostly Hornady 178AMAX
3 1:10 barrels, one 1:12
The lapua 155s are probably a better choice at range, I have'nt switched over to them...yet

GM210M primer
little CCBR2 in the past

FGMM reuse and Win Brass

Pretty basic and popular components.

From the asshole, I was just directing you to your answer. There are many different recipes and most of them have been posted in the Reloading Depot. That was an honest answer, no bullshit.

What to use is the easy part, where to find it is the hard part, did someone say Zebra?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What to use is the easy part, where to find it is the hard part, did someone say Zebra? </div></div>I would say putting it together to make a winning combination is the hard part,too
laugh.gif