• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.308 done,what do you think?

glock270

Private
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2009
Washington
I very rarely post anything,I just read and soak up info but I just finished this so I thought I would post. I had GA precision cut the barrel from 26 to 20 and install the bolt knob ,Chad Dixon fluted the bolt.
Seekins A.I bottom metal
Badger 20 moa base and Max 50 rings
Vortex Viper PST 4-16 mil/mil
flush cups on left side
Atlas rail front and rear
B&C stock,bedded with Devcon,textured with Marine-Tex
All stock work including paint and the inlet for the bottom metal was done by me.
DSC03226.jpg

DSC03232.jpg

Re: .308 done,what do you think?

Great looking rifle, and really looks to be a shooter. Now go have fun with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Oddball-Six</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you happy with the B&C stock? How was your experience inletting and bedding it? </div></div>
I,m happy with the stock,inletting was a challenge due to the aluminum skeleton,bedding was a piece of cake,just skim bedded it.

Not bad at all. I like the paint job you did. The B&C stocks are great for what you pay for them.

I really like that paint job as well. Great looking rifle sir!

wow, that is a different paint job, very cool and unique, looks like it shoots as good as it looks
Congrats.

Very nice paint job, I really like the pattern. I have been looking for a pattern for my rifle. Great Job!!

Sort of venturing off on a side bar here . . .

. . . as far as camouflage goes, what do you guys think is the more acceptable pattern from a military stand point?

1: A micro pattern (i.e. If one lays the weapon down in the surrounding environment it automatically blends)

or . . .

2: A macro patter (i.e. If one is in an environment the pattern of the weapon would replicate the environment to such an extent that it would probably go undetected?

look up Propper International A-TACS. That's pretty much as good as you can get. Its both micro and macro rolled into a blob of one. they make digi's look like graph paper.

Love the way it shoots, paint job...not so much. Shoot it, enjoy it!

Nice shooting there. Sub MOA cant be bad at all
smile.gif

By any chance was your choice of pattern influenced by one of these?

python03.jpg

The pattern just reminds me of a python I had. Awesome paint scheme!

A+ on the paint job. Different is good. Looks like it shoots for you as well.

Best paint job I've ever seen. Wow...when I decide to paint my rifle, I'm sending it to you.

is the atlas rail the picatinny rail on the bottom of the forend and bottom of the butt stock? where did you get it?

Quite the DIY project you did there...turned out real good!

I think this is false advertisement... they are NEVER done!!

DK

p.s. - nice rig!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hyena74</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is the atlas rail the picatinny rail on the bottom of the forend and bottom of the butt stock? where did you get it? </div></div>Triad tactical has both of them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gstaylorg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">By any chance was your choice of pattern influenced by one of these?

python03.jpg

The pattern just reminds me of a python I had. Awesome paint scheme! </div></div>

my initial thought of that paint job also reminded me of a type of python.

Looks great. Very nice work on the stock.