• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

308 Duramag Follower Tilt

Jimbo1

Private
Minuteman
Dec 30, 2021
Midwest
So I ordered 5 of the 20 round duramag 308 steel mags, when I got them in I noticed a pretty large amount of tilt in the supposed anti-tilt followers. That said they can't tilt enough to get stuck or turn vertical.
I've only ever had pmags which have virtually zero tilt but definitely have a bit longer mag body, I assume to house a longer follower. Is this normal for metal mags that advertise being anti tilt?
Sorry about the picture being grainy if you actually click on it it'll clear up

Attachments

• 20220828_210756.jpg
    20220828_210756.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 67
Some follower tilt seems normal in the metal mags that I have used. Hell, even the 308 pmags have more follower tilt than the ar15 pmags. But if you want to see some real tilt, spend $100 on a genuine AICS magazine. Yes, it’s a bolt action mag, but the follower is a joke.

Some follower tilt seems normal in the metal mags that I have used. Hell, even the 308 pmags have more follower tilt than the ar15 pmags. But if you want to see some real tilt, spend $100 on a genuine AICS magazine. Yes, it’s a bolt action mag, but the follower is a joke.
Interesting, yeah I mean I guess if it works it works we'll just have to see. It doesn't tilt as near as bad as a gi M16 mag but still more than I'm used to. I bought a couple 450 bushmaster duramags and they have wayyyy less tilt so I was surprised when I saw these.

Duramags are extremely reliable. Unless you plan on shooting them with that screwdriver pushing the follower down you will be fine.

Reactions: Jimbo1
Duramags are extremely reliable. Unless you plan on shooting them with that screwdriver pushing the follower down you will be fine.
Good to hear! Yeah I got them because they seem like the best combination of price ($16), reputation (not counting the pre-duramag cproducts), and offer increased coal space that's close to the kac's. If they function well ill be happy as a clam

agreed there. all my duramags have been 100% without the screw driver addition.

they seem to be more like 19 rounders though.

agreed there. all my duramags have been 100% without the screw driver addition.

they seem to be more like 19 rounders though.
All mine hold 20 although you must drop the bolt using the bolt release if you want it to go fully into battery. If I insert a full mag and rip the charging handle, sometimes it doesn’t.