• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

308 Handguards, Let's See Some Pics

daryar79

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2013
What's up guys. I'm in the middle of an lr-308 build and I'm in the market for a handguard. It would be for a SI Defense receiver set, and a rifle length gas system. Now I hate to point out the elephant in the room but I'm not spending more on the handguard than I am spending on the barrel. I don't need the most tactical rail to attach lasers and flashlights, but they do look cool. So what are my options, what do you have? Show some pics if you can.

search my posts, I posted this same subject a while back while I was building my 2nd MATEN upper. there were a lot of pics. Midwest Industries has gen II ss for 308 in 15" for both rail heights. troy offers both heights. Sampson, and a few others only offer low profile. our MATEN is the higher profile, thicker one so its kinda limited. the centurion CMR fits. its expensive and you have to pay extra for accessories. still limited in selection. its thin and light though.

10470226473_2fca35d951_b.jpg

Last edited:
hey let me ask this about the sampsons. I asked a guy about that billet mag release button. what was the big deal about it? he says its so you don't see the catch isn't flush with the button. I had to go look at my rifle to see if it was that way or not. its not flush, but I slept that night. I was haunted by dreams of billet buttons though. but I wanted a Sampson/Rainier at first and they wont line up with the MATEN upper. I see on the sampsons here, they don't line up either, and that didn't stop you either time. it doesn't bother you at all?

New guy here. This thread made me realize I don't have any pics of it in its current setup, so I snapped a few. Not very good pics, but you get the idea.

Last edited:
Be back when I finish my build. But Troy MRF13.8 for me

Good Lord. There are only two things in this world that I love more than my rifles. The first is better left unsaid, the second is other peoples rifles....lol. Amazing rifles guys! The Samson, JP, and the Daniel Defense look so nice. Thanks for your reply's.

My personal favorite is the Badger Stabilizer that is no longer made.

I've got the Troy 13.8" MRF on my Armalite 300 SAUM. I'm looking at something in the 16" length range though.

What is the handle on the bottom rail there? Almost looks like the intervention.

Not done yet but close..

Troy 13.8" MRF 308 over a 18" SS 1:10 mega barrel on a JD machine matching set and misc parts. Knight MK110 covers if your wondering.

C8B31C0D-C276-4DBC-85B8-12F91CFB8F19_zps285jwrmt.jpg

Last edited: